LG prices the LG G6 aggressively in Australia
Just $1008 for LG’s latest premium handset through Telstra.
Today it has formally announced the outright pricing you’ll pay in Australia for the LG G6 if purchased through Telstra. It will cost $1008 when it goes on outright sale tomorrow, but only via Telstra to begin with. LG representatives told finder that it expects the phone to come to other retail channels "within a matter of weeks".
$1008 is an aggressive price point given the price of similar handsets, with the G6 seriously undercutting new phones such as the HTC U Ultra, Google’s Pixel or even the expected price of the Samsung Galaxy S8.
LG has a long history in aggressive pricing of its premium handsets as a sales strategy. The LG G6 is even cheaper than last year's modular LG G5, which cost $1,099 at launch.
We’ve already had some hands-on time with the LG G6 at MWC, and we’ll update with a comprehensive review as soon as feasible.
If you want the LG G6 on contract, it’s an exclusive to Telstra, with pricing as follows. Telstra's deal for the LG G6 includes a 43" Full HD TV if purchased on contract, although you don't get the free telly if you buy the phone through Telstra directly.
- This week’s bargain phones: iPhone XS, Samsung S9+ and Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- This week’s bargain phones: iPhone 8, Samsung Note9 and Google Pixel 3
- iPhone XS accessory round-up: 23 cases, screens, chargers and more compared
- We’ve got the power: 9 wireless chargers tested
- Kogan’s cheekily named Kogan Agora XS is yet another budget handset