Versatility and affordability come together in the LG K8 (2017), a budget smartphone that packs a sharp camera, a sleek design and an all-day battery.
It might seem counter-intuitive, but shopping for a budget smartphone is often more difficult than deciding between the latest iPhone and Samsung Galaxy handsets. With a premium smartphone, the surrounding hype and marketing campaigns make it relatively easy to know what you're getting. Budget phones rarely receive the same level of attention, making it tricky to differentiate a handset like the LG K8 (2017) from its competitors.
That's why we've compiled the guide below. In it we break down the key aspects of the 2017 revision of LG's K8 budget handset. If you're in the market for a simple and affordable smartphone, this guide should help you decide whether the LG K8 (2017) is right for you.
- A standard yet solid design that covers all the basics
- The absence of Android 7.0 is a little disappointing
- Taking quality photos should be relatively easy thanks to the 13MP rear camera
- Beauty mode and panorama shots provide extra options for aspiring photographers
- Sufficient grunt for typical day-to-day tasks
- 1.5GB of RAM is a little below average for this price point
- The 2,500mAh battery should provide plenty of juice to see you through the day
- Being able to swap spare batteries in and out grants even more endurance
Pricing and availability
LG K8 (2017)
An affordable handset that doesn't feel cheap
The LG K8 (2017) combines an attractive price tag with capable hardware and plenty of features. A compelling choice for budget-conscious smartphone buyers.
- You can find the LG K8 (2017) at online retailers like Kogan as well as physical stores like JB Hi-Fi and Officeworks. RRP is $249, but it often sells for significantly less.
LG K8 specs
Power, storage and battery
|Display size||5 inches|
|Resolution||720 x 1280|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||294|
|Rear camera megapixels||13MP|
|Rear camera aperture size||f/2.2|
|Front camera megapixels||5MP|
|Front camera aperture size||f/2.4|
|Dimensions||144.8mm x 72.1mm x 8.1mm|
|Network category speed||Category 4|
|Operating system||Android 6|
|External storage support||Up to 32GB|
Compare LG K8 plans
Latest LG news
LG's V50 ThinQ's dual screen makes it stand out, but like 5G it's not without its issues. Read more…
5G phones are fast, but how well do they take photos in low-light situations? Read more…
The LG V50 ThinQ will arrive in Australia on 11 June for outright purchase or on contract through Telstra with a unique dual screen and some seriously premium capabilities. Read more…