Thanks to the addition of extra RAM, water and dust resistance and a fingerprint sensor, the 2017 revision of the LG K10 is a marked improvement over its predecessor.
Premium smartphones like the latest iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S handset might receive the lion's share of the spotlight these days, but as luxury devices, they're simply too expensive for many people to afford. Thankfully, while Apple focuses on its high-end handsets, companies like LG are catering to the more budget-conscious crowd with affordable smartphones like the LG K10 (2017).
As the parentheses imply, the LG K10 (2017) is the 2017 revision of the original K10 that launched back in 2016. LG has improved the core hardware and updated the design to better compete with other 2017 handsets while sticking with a price point that places it at the higher end of the budget market. The result is an attractive smartphone geared towards those with relatively humble needs and budgets.
- IP68 water and dust resistance provides strong protection against the elements
- Plenty of new features courtesy of Android 7.0
- A basic yet solid camera package that should be suitable for general photography
- Wide-angle front-facing lens let you fit more people into your "selfies"
- Double the RAM gives the K10 (2017) a significant leg up on its predecessor
- Should have little trouble taking care of your day-to-day phone needs
- Most people should get a full day of use out of a single charge without issue
- LG continues to one-up its competitors by including a removable battery
Pricing and availability
LG K10 (2017)
A refined budget handset
The 2017 revision of the LG K10 improves upon its predecessor in a number of key ways that solidify its position as a solid budget smartphone.
- The LG K10 (2017) is currently available from retailers like DWI and Harvey Norman for around $200.
|Display size (inches)||5.3|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1280 x 720|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||277|
|Battery size (mAh)||2,800|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||13|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.4|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 6|
Latest LG news