Who else wants a Lexus? Discover your financing options now and get into your dream car.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
For many, Lexus is an innovative and luxurious brand that would be an ideal vehicle to own. There’s a range of vehicles to choose from, including hatches, sedans and sport vehicles. The Racing Coupe F costs upwards of $148,000 whereas the Lexus Elegant Sedan is a cheaper alternative at around $71,000.
How can you finance a Lexus?
Lexus is a luxury brand and this is evident from the price of the vehicles. Therefore, some of the options that are listed might not be as relevant as others, but it’s up to you to decide which one best meets your personal financial situation. Some of your financing options include:
- A secured car loan. With this option, the car you’re looking to finance is used as security against the loan. As there’s an asset against the loan, you benefit from lower rates. These rates vary between lenders but are usually between 5-10% p.a.
- Dealership finance. Lexus wants to get as many people into their vehicles as possible, so it's made this possible through a variety of personal finance options that include a consumer fixed-rate loan, novated lease or a Lexus ownership solution which ensures you know the guaranteed future value of your vehicle at the end of the loan.
- Novated lease. A novated lease is an ideal way to finance a business vehicle, as you are able to take advantage of the tax benefits that are associated with it. Less upfront money is required as it’s an agreement between your employer, you and a third party financier.
- Unsecured personal loan. This loan is ideal for those who don’t want to put forward an asset, such as your brand new Lexus. However, you will get higher rates associated with this loan as there’s more of a risk to the lender. Loan terms start from one year and can go as high as seven years.
- Chattel mortgage. This is where a financier loans money to you for the purchase of a vehicle. You take ownership of the vehicle, but the financier retains an interest in it. This is an ideal way to buy a business vehicle. If you need a Lexus for your business, this is an option to consider.
How much will a Lexus loan cost?
How much a loan for a Lexus will cost you varies on the amount you borrow and the kind of car you’re looking to finance. At the time of writing, a Lexus CT costs $46,537 driveaway whereas as a luxury four-wheel drive will set you back $155,579. Some of the running costs that are associated with owning a vehicle include:
- the cost of fuel;
- the cost of registration and vehicle insurance in case you get into an accident.
Another cost to consider is the total loan costs of your car loan. If you don’t know what they would be, you can use a car loan repayment calculator to figure out the true cost of your car loan against what you borrow.
Not completely sold on a Lexus? Compare them against their competitors with our car reviews and Finder Score.
How do you decide how to finance your Lexus?
There are numerous considerations that can help you decide between financing options, including:
- Interest rates. Whether or not there is a low interest rate on the car loan is a deciding factor. However, keep an eye on the comparison rate as this rate is the true cost of the loan over the loan terms offered.
- Fees (upfront and ongoing). Upfront fees, such as application fees, can be a requirement for some loans. Knowing how much you’re required to pay upfront, as well as other fees, such as a monthly fee or a direct debit fee if you fail to make payments, can also be deciding factors when it comes to choosing a financing option.
- Repayment flexibility. Whether or not you’re able to tailor your repayments to your income schedule is another bonus. Some lenders offer weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Some lenders also allow you to make extra repayments without penalty, which could be a bonus for some people.
- Balloon repayments. A balloon repayment is where you agree to pay a one-off lump sum at the end of your loan term. This payment can account for a significant amount of your loan balance.
Compare the Lexus loan options below
Compare car insurance side-by-side and get quotes
Frequently asked questions about financing a Lexus
Should I get a new or used Lexus?
This is a personal choice that’s influenced by your financial situation. If you really want a new Lexus and can afford it, go ahead and get one. However, if you’re not that bothered by that new car smell and don’t mind previous owners, you’ll save money on a used Lexus.
Are balloon repayments offered on all loans?
This will vary between lenders, so keep an eye out on what features are offered and look for “balloon repayments” if that’s a feature you’re particularly keen on.
What are some other fees to look out for while researching loans?
Some other fees to keep an eye on include monthly fees, transaction fees, direct debit dishonour fees and a late fee.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Power outage in Victoria: Don’t forget to claim for food spoilage
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert