An online legal platform with free and customisable document templates.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're a business owner looking for some legal documents to download for your company or even someone looking to loan some money to a friend or relative, LegalRocket could be just the thing you're looking for. Read on to find out how much the service costs, what they offer, and if signing up is worth it.
What is LegalRocket?
LegalRocket is a lawyer website that specialises in business and property law. It offers basic and customised legal documents at different price levels. You can create your own document for free or you can hire the services of a lawyer who will guide you through it and finalise your contract for you for an extra fee.
What do they offer?
LegalRocket offers a library of legal documents aimed at business and property owners. The resource library is divided into the following categories:
- Employment and workplace issues. LegalRocket offers documents like workplace harassment policies, workplace internet policies, contracts for services, employment agreements and agreements ending employment.
- Business structures and legal entity issues. This includes templates for partnership agreements, deeds of retirement from partnership, deeds of dissolution of partnership, shareholder agreements and office holder resignation templates.
- Financial transactions. Templates for personal loan agreements, deeds of gift and commercial loan agreements are available.
You can create a basic legal document for free by filling out the required form online. It only takes a few minutes to complete and is emailed straight to your inbox. If you need additional legal help, you can opt for a subscription or request a quote for a more customisable approach.
Who is LegalRocket aimed at?
LegalRocket is for anyone who is looking for an affordable way to download legal documents necessary for the running of their business. This service could be what you're looking for if you're one of the following:
- Small to medium business owner
- Property developer
- Owner of a retail outlet
- Website owner
LegalRocket pricing: How much does it cost?
LegalRocket offers three options for using their service. These include:
- Free. Basic legal documents are free for download and customisation and are emailed for free to your inbox. This also includes one free assist via phone or email.
- We Help You. For $495 you get a phone or Skype consultation with a business lawyer, then your documents will be edited and finalised with full sign-off by a lawyer.
- Make It Our Problem. Request a quote for a detailed and customised legal document drafted by an accredited business law specialist.
Pros and cons of LegalRocket
- Free documents are available
- Professional advice is available for an extra fee
- Documents are customisable
- Free documents still include one free assist via phone or email
- Only a small number of templates are available
How does LegalRocket compare to similar services?
If you are a business owner, you can benefit from using LegalRocket's free template downloads and save money too. For an extra fee you can even get the counsel of a qualified lawyer. Unlike some other legal websites, LegalRocket specialises in Australian business and property law, so the resource library is small but focused.
More guides on Finder
How to start a flooring business
From developing your skills to building your customer base, here's what you need to know to start your own flooring business.
How to start a dog boarding business
From the legal to the practical, here's what you need to know before opening a dog boarding company.
How to start a beautician business
From qualifications to getting the right insurance in place, here’s our guide to starting your beautician business.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
How to start a mechanic business
Learn how you can get started on your journey to a profitable career as a mechanic.
Division 7A Loan Agreement templates (Australia)
Save yourself tax dollars with a Division 7A loan agreement.
Workplace Hygiene Policy templates (Australia)
A personal hygiene in the workplace policy will help keep visitors and customers safe.
How to start a baby proofing business
Find out how to start a baby proofing business and run it from home in this guide.
Harassment Lawyer (free quote)
How to hire an experienced harassment lawyer to make sure you receive a fair outcome for your claim.
Ask an Expert