Having an imperfect credit score doesn’t disqualify you. Spend up to $1,200 now and pay later interest-free.
Laybuy is a buy now pay later solution available in Australia, New Zealand and the UK. There are no sign-up costs or hidden fees. You can make interest-free repayments in six weekly instalments. Repayments are also automatic, and will be deducted directly from your nominated credit or debit card. How much you can borrow will depend on your credit limit. This means that the service is available to you even if your credit score isn’t perfect, but your borrowing limit may be lower. While your payments are spread over six weeks, your first payment is made at the time of purchase.
Min Loan Amount
How does Laybuy work?
Laybuy is a buy now pay later solution partnered with a variety of online and in-store retail outlets, ranging from vaping accessory stores to children's couture fashion. Laybuy is potentially beneficial for both customers and businesses, and works differently for each.
Laybuy for customers
- Customers can sign up to Laybuy either at the checkout of their favourite partnered retail stores or through Laybuy's website by creating an account. Laybuy is available in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Laybuy will perform a credit check on all applicants in order to deem their eligibility for credit. Once approved, customers can spread the cost of their purchases over six weekly instalments completely interest-free. There are no sign-up costs or hidden fees, as long as repayments are met on time.
- Once approved, customers can pay via Laybuy online simply by selecting the option at checkout. Their items will be dispatched the same day.
- In-store, customers can ask the cashier to pay by Laybuy and provide their phone number to the store. Customers will then receive an automatic text from Laybuy with a unique link to complete their purchase.
Laybuy for businesses
- Merchants can apply to partner with Laybuy via an enquiry form located on the website. Simply input your and your business's details and Laybuy will aim to contact you with a response within 48 hours.
- Approved merchants will receive full payment for any purchases made through the Laybuy portal immediately, but must pay a purchase fee for every transaction made via Laybuy. These purchase fees will vary depending on the size, nature and annual sales of your business.
Features of Laybuy
|Interest-free||Laybuy does not charge interest to customers. Customers who meet their repayments on time only pay for what they buy.|
|Quick approval||Laybuy offers quick approval after running a soft credit check on applicants.|
|Credit limit||Customers will be offered a credit limit which is determined based on their credit score. If your credit isn't excellent, you may still be eligible for Laybuy, but your credit limit will likely be lower than someone with a higher score.|
|Six weekly instalments||Customers pay for their purchases over a period of six weeks, with the first payment coming out at the time of purchase and the remaining cost spread evenly over five weekly payments.|
|Up to $1,200 purchasing power||Laybuy offers a minimum credit limit of $120 and a maximum limit of $1,200.|
|Regular limit reviews||Laybuy reviews its customer's credit limits every two to three months and emails customers directly if they're eligible for an increase.|
|In-store and online||Laybuy is available both in-store and online via partnered retail outlets.|
|Automatic repayments||Customers sign up to Laybuy using a credit or debit card. Their nominated card will be charged accordingly each week without requiring action.|
|Transaction fee||As a merchant, offering your clients a comprehensive payment plan for your product could increase your sales.|
How much does Laybuy cost?
- No interest. Laybuy doesn't charge any interest on purchase credit.
- No sign-up fees. There is no upfront fee for using Laybuy. However, customers will be required to pay an initial instalment towards the price of their purchase.
- Late payment fee. Customers are charged a $10 fee for failing to meet a payment on time. They may also have their credit scores affected upon default.
- Transaction fee. Merchants will be charged a transaction fee with every purchase that customers make using Laybuy.
What you should know
Customers can still opt to make purchases over their credit limit using Laybuy, they will just be required to pay the difference upfront. For example, if a customer's credit limit is $200, they can make a $400 purchase by paying $200 upfront and repaying the remaining $200 over 5 weekly repayments.
How to sign up for Laybuy
To sign up for Laybuy, simply click "Go to site" and provide your data.
To be approved for Laybuy as a customer, you will need:
- To be aged 18 or over
- To be an Australian, New Zealand or British resident
- Your driver's licence number
- Your full name
- Your residential address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- A nominated credit or debit card number
To sign up for Laybuy as a merchant, you will need:
- Your full name
- Your business's ABN/ACN
- Your business data, including annual sales and nature of business
If you think Laybuy could be the right buy now pay later solution for you or your business, signing up is quick and easy. However, it is always worth comparing buy now pay later options prior to submitting an application, to make sure that you make the best possible decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.