Lawpath review: What’s offered and how much does it cost?
Watch your legal costs shrink with this online subscription service.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
To be successful in the business world, you will need legal advice. Not only will it help you to make the right steps in setting up your business, but it'll also help you to make smarter business decisions and avoid any legal problems in the future.
Accessing the right legal advice has traditionally been expensive. It's easy to spend hundreds of dollars on hourly legal fees before reaching the right people. That's where Lawpath comes in with its subscription service, which is targeted towards helping small businesses access legal help at affordable rates. Read on for an in-depth review of what Lawpath can do for you.
Popular Lawpath coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|15 Jun 2020||Get 40% off the Essentials plan||********|
Find legal documents and resources on Lawpath
What is Lawpath?
Lawpath is an online legal service in Australia that helps small businesses connect with top-class lawyers and legal templates without it costing an arm and a leg. Based primarily online, subscribers will have an online portal where they can access on-demand legal services and hundreds of legal document templates as well as hire a lawyer and securely store all completed legal drafts.
What do they offer?
Lawpath offers legal services that can help from the very inception of your business right through to hiring a lawyer for any difficulties your company may face in the future. Here's a quick overview of its services, all of which come with live, on-demand phone, chat and email support.
Starting a business
Registering an Australian company
- Fast online registration.
- Getting an Australian Company Number and filing all the legal documents.
- Tax registration, including ABN, PAYG, GST and TFN.
Registering an ABN
- Interactive online form to complete in minutes.
- Fast turnaround time.
- Suitable for sole traders, partnerships, companies and trusts.
Registering an Australian business name
- Quick, online application form.
- Free business name search.
- Secure business name registration.
- Enable sole traders to trade under the chosen business name.
Applying for a trademark
- Easy and fast online application.
- Personal trademark lawyer who will answer any queries and process the registration.
- Fast turnaround.
- 10 years of brand protection.
Legal documents and templates
- Access a database of 200+ legal documents that have been sourced from top-tier law firms.
- Templates can be customised to suit your company, its brand and its tone of voice.
- Some example documents include the following:
- Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure.
- Business Partnerships.
- Company and Shareholder Agreements.
- Contractors and Consultants
- Sale of Business.
- Family Trusts.
- Loans and Finance.
Hire a lawyer
- Hire a lawyer from a database of 1,000+ high-class professionals that have all been vetted by Lawpath.
- Simply input your postcode and a brief description of the legal work required and Lawpath will search its marketplace for the best lawyer for you.
- Choose from fixed-price quotes from three lawyers. As well as their individual prices, you'll be able to see reviews from previous clients to decide who is best for you.
Who is Lawpath meant for?
Lawpath is paving the way for small businesses and individual entrepreneurs that don't have the time or resources to invest in legal services. It's a great service for the following:
- New businesses.
- Existing businesses.
- Online businesses.
- Employment and HR departments.
Lawpath pricing: How much does it cost?
Depending on your business needs, Lawpath offers three different subscription plans. While the Basic Plan is billed monthly and can be cancelled at any time, the Essential and Legal Advice Plans can only be purchased annually.
Lawpath gives users the chance to try before they buy with a very limited free trial. This gives you access to one legal document, but you won't actually be able to edit the document or download it. For this privilege, you'll need to sign up to one of the paid plans below.
Basic Plan $79 per month (billed monthly)
- Five legal documents
- PDF and Word format downloads
- Secure online storage
- Add/remove watermark logo
- Unlimited esignatures
- Free legal quotes from the lawyer marketplace
Essentials $24 per month (billed annually at $288)
Includes everything in the Basic Plan, plus the following:
- 200+ legal and business documents
- Unlimited revisions, customisations and edits
- Dedicated online/phone support
- Free legal quotes from the lawyer marketplace
- Exclusive partner offers (valued at $10,000)
Legal Advice Plan $69 per month (billed annually at $828)
Includes everything in the Essentials Plan, plus the following:
- Unlimited 30-minute calls with verified lawyers
- On-demand legal help
- Dedicated account manager
- On-call legal contract reviews (up to four pages)
How does Lawpath compare to similar services?
What sets Lawpath apart from most of its competitors is that it offers different levels of assistance depending on the subscription plan that you choose. This means that instead of paying per legal document template or forking out money for hourly legal costs, you can access unlimited help for a fixed fee.
Below, we've put together a quick summary of some of Lawpath's main competitors, which offer services on a per unit basis or subscription plan.
Legal jargon is confusing for everyone, especially for smaller businesses that can't afford to hire in-house help or pay expensive hourly fees. Signing up to a website like Lawpath can help you organise all of the legalities of your business stress-free, so you can focus on what matters.
More guides on Finder
Free End User Licence Agreement templates (Australia)
Find out how to protect your software with an End User Licence Agreement.
Free shipping policy templates (Australia)
A shipping policy lets customers know how their product will be delivered.
Free IT Policy Templates (Australia)
Don’t leave your IT security up to chance with our guide to creating your IT policy.
Find out what it costs to subscribe and if you can download documents for free.
Find out what it costs to be a LawLive member and what document templates are available.
Free sponsorship agreement templates (Australia)
Protect your brand name and intellectual property with a sponsorship agreement.
Free Social Media Policy templates (Australia)
How to set the bar when it comes to appropriate social media use in your workforce.
Free Environmental Policy templates (Australia)
Having an environmental policy in place can benefit your business significantly.
How to start a small business from home
6 tips to start a successful home based business.
Free Independent Contractor Agreement templates (Australia)
Cut through the legal jargon and understand the ins and outs of an independent contractor agreement.
Ask an Expert