Get access to custom legal document templates without hiring a lawyer.
If you run a business you know the importance of having the correct legal and policy documents in place. Unfortunately, these documents can be expensive to have written up by a lawyer. With services like LawLive, you can avoid the expense of hiring a lawyer and instead find legal document templates for a range of purposes online.
Read on and find out how it works and if it's worth the cost of a subscription.
What is LawLive?
LawLive is an online legal contract and document provider for Australian companies, based in North Sydney, NSW. The website was launched in 2006 and has built up an impressive resource library of more than 400 legal contracts and documents. You can choose between a one-time fee for each download you need or a monthly subscription which includes a number of documents.
What does LawLive offer?
LawLive specialises in legal document generation and helps you create a customised version of the document you need from one of its templates, including:
- Employment contracts. Access contracts for full time, part time, casual and executive employment, termination of employment documents and checklists.
- Intellectual property agreements. These include confidentiality agreements, copyright documents, trade mark documents and patent documents.
- Financial documents. LawLive offers loan agreements for unsecured loans, division 7A loans, secured loans, direct debit authority and more.
- Trust documents. There are templates for unit trusts, family trusts, trust loans and corporate minutes.
- Information technology documents. LawLive offers templates for software distribution, development and licences.
- Website documents. A range of templates are available for website privacy policies and terms and conditions for a number of different websites.
- Checklists. Many checklists are offered for different uses including trusts, contract governance, IT, employment and more.
- Shares. Document templates are available for share sales, shareholder agreements and share options.
- Commercial agreements. There are a large number of document templates available for commercial use including assignments of debt, contractor agreements, subcontractor agreements, agency agreements, partnership deeps and more.
All you have to do is fill out the form, tick all the relevant boxes and LawLive does the rest.
Here's how it works:
- Search the site for the document you need.
- Check to see if it's the right document by reading the overview.
- Familiarise yourself with the list of provisions included in the document.
- Start building your document by filling out the online form.
- Answer all questions, tick all boxes.
- Click complete.
- The document is then analysed by LawLive and revised for clarity.
- A finalised Microsoft Word document is emailed directly to your inbox.
- You can also download documents straight from the LawLive website.
Who is LawLive aimed at?
LawLive is for any startup or small to medium enterprise that requires legal documentation to protect the rights of the business and safeguard assets. LawLive has more than 400 documents online so you're bound to find what you're looking for.
LawLive pricing: How much does it cost?
You can choose from a couple of different options on LawLive, including:
Starting from as low as $9 per document, you can download any document for a one-time fee. All documents are customised and finalised in a professionally drafted document. All you have to do is select your document and start building.
Starting from $90 per month, you can subscribe to one of LawLive's cap plans, which are tailored to suit your business needs. With a cap plan, you get access to all documents available on the site up to a certain amount of value. $500 worth of documents per month is included in the $90 plan and $750 worth of documents per month is included in the $129 plan.
Pros and cons of LawLive
- Free registration
- Receive your document in as little as 10 minutes after payment
- Over 400 templates to choose from
- Documents are customisable
- Doesn't offer legal advice
- No unlimited document plan
How does LawLive compare to similar services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Being able to access a full library of legal documents and contracts is definitely an asset for any business. Customisable templates allow you to cater the documents to your needs by simply filling out the forms online.