An online legal platform with customisable templates for your personal, family and business needs.
LawDepot is an online resource that provides free legal documents, forms and contracts to individuals and businesses. If you're looking to customise and download legal documents without the use of a lawyer, LawDepot is one of the first websites you are likely to come across in your research.
Read on to learn about LawDepot’s key services, features and prices.
Who is LawDepot?
LawDepot is a website that lets you do your own legal work by offering contracts and forms that can be customised, downloaded and printed from home. The website offers all sorts of legal templates, including wills and estates, partnership agreements and lease agreements. The website claims to have saved its 10 million users over $2 billion in legal fees.
What does LawDepot offer?
LawDepot offers legal forms, contracts and templates for:
- Wills and estates (power of attorney)
- Financial (proof of purchase, loan agreements and promissory notes)
- Real estate (lease assignment and lease amendment)
- Business (partnership agreement, confidentiality agreement, employment contract)
- Family (child travel consent, separation agreement)
- A host of other legal needs.
You can create documents simply by answering a few simple questions. Once complete, you'll be given the option to download the document directly to your computer, where it can be printed and signed.
About LawDepot's service guarantees
Helpfully, LawDepot offers peace of mind with two guarantees. The company says it will pay you $100 if you find any mistakes in an "output document" if you're the first person to find it. What's more, you'll be covered for up to $10,000 if you suffer in a legal judgement as a result of LawDepot "not keeping the product documents correct, valid and up-to-date".
Is LawDepot right for me?
Going by its massive userbase around the world, LawDepot appeals to a wide variety of people. Basically, anyone who wants an affordable way to create and download legal documents without having to see a lawyer can find LawDepot useful. These include:
- Individuals and families
- Property owners and investors
- Small- and medium-sized business owners.
LawDepot pricing: How much does it cost?
Although LawDepot gives you free access to all documents, that only applies to the one-week trial period. After that, you'll need to pay a monthly or annual license fee. The two options can be broken down as follows:
- Free trial and monthly subscription: After your one-week trial option, your license renews at $39 per month. You can cancel online at any time.
- One Year Pro: The annual license works out to $59.88 (or $4.99 per month) that is paid once a year.
Pros and cons of choosing LawDepot
- Affordable service
- The service includes a legal guarantee of up to $10,000
- Documents are customisable
- Professional documents are easy to create
- A wide range of legal documents and forms are provided
- Customer reviews are generally favourable.
- The service is free for the first week only
- It might not have all the legal documents you are looking for.
If you're looking for an easy and affordable way to create legally-binding contracts in Australia, LawDepot could be a good option. Just remember that LawDepot is not a law firm, which means it doesn't provide any legal advice. In terms of online legal contract generators, LawDepot is among the oldest and most trusted. The quality and legal guarantees are a welcome touch, too.
How does LawDepot compare to similar services?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Does your company belong in this list?
Questions you still might have
How do I cancel my membership?
You can cancel your membership any time through your account portal. Just remember that your monthly or annual subscription renews automatically.
I don't want to join LawDepot. Can I still print documents?
If you don't want to start the free trial or One Year Pro license, you can Pay a flat fee to print your legal document. The fee is based on the type of document needed.