An online legal platform with customisable templates for your personal, family and business needs.
LawDepot is an online resource that provides free legal documents, forms and contracts to individuals and businesses. If you are looking to customise and download legal documents without the use of a lawyer, LawDepot is one of the first websites you are likely to come across in your research.
Read on to learn about LawDepot’s services, features and prices.
What is LawDepot
LawDepot is a website that lets you do your own legal work by offering contracts and forms that can be customised, downloaded and printed from home. The website offers all sorts of legal templates, including wills and estates, partnership agreements and lease agreements. The website claims to have saved its 10 million users over $2 billion in legal fees.
What do they offer?
LawDepot offers legal forms, contracts and templates for:
- Wills and estates (power of attorney)
- Financial (proof of purchase, loan agreements and promissory notes)
- Real estate (lease assignment and lease amendment)
- Business (partnership agreement, confidentiality agreement, employment contract)
- Family (child travel consent, separation agreement)
- Many others
You can create documents simply by answering a few simple questions. Once complete, you'll be given the option to download the document directly to your computer, where it can be printed and signed.
Who is LawDepot aimed at?
Going by its massive userbase around the world, LawDepot appeals to a wide variety of people. Basically, anyone who wants an affordable way to create and download legal documents without having to see a lawyer can find LawDepot useful. These include:
- Individuals and families
- Property owners and investors
- Small- and medium-sized business owners
LawDepot pricing: How much does it cost?
Although LawDepot gives you free access to all documents, that only applies to the one-week trial period. After that, you'll need to pay a monthly or annual license fee. The two options can be broken down as follows:
- Free trial and monthly subscription: After your one-week trial option, your license renews at $39 per month. You can cancel online at any time.
- One Year Pro: The annual license works out to $59.88 (or $7.99 per month) that is paid once a year.
Pros and cons of LawDepot
- Affordable service
- Documents are customisable
- Professional documents are easy to create
- A wide range of legal documents and forms are provided
- Customer reviews are generally favourable
- The service is only free for the first week
- It might not have all the legal documents you are looking for
If you are looking for an easy and affordable way to create legally-binding contracts in Australia, LawDepot could be a good option. Just remember that LawDepot is not a law firm, which means it doesn't provide any legal advice. In terms of online contract generators, LawDepot is among the oldest and most trusted.
How does LawDepot compare to similar services?
Does your company belong in this list?
Frequently asked questions
How do I cancel my membership?
You can cancel your membership any time through your account portal. Just remember that your monthly or annual subscription renews automatically.
I don't want to join LawDepot. Can I still print documents?
If you don't want to start the free trial or One Year Pro license, you can Pay a flat fee to print your legal document. The fee is based on the type of document needed.