Law Central review
Find out how to secure your business’s protection at an affordable price.
As a new business owner, you want to make sure you have all the right legal documents in place. If opting for a membership with an online legal platform isn’t a viable option for you, you can also choose to purchase individual legal documents. Law Central provides both options without the steep cost. As it is an online platform, you can securely store your legal documents and get in touch with lawyers.
What's in this guide?
What is Law Central?
Law Central is an online legal service platform started in 2000 to help individuals and small businesses access legal help at an affordable price. Clients can choose to buy individual templates or subscribe to a membership for additional perks. The Law Central website continuously helps its clients by providing up-to-date legal tools via its Fortnightly Bulletin, Bulletin Bookshelf and Legal Tutor.
How does it work?
Law Central requires clients to register for an account on its site. You can view a sample of the document you're planning to purchase to ensure you're getting what you want. Once purchased, legal documents are emailed to you as a PDF and are also stored online. These documents are drafted and maintained by law firms that post onto Law Central – these law practices author the documents. Every purchase also comes with a series of frequently asked questions about the document. Additionally, Law Central also offers services for printing and binding your documents if you need physical copies.
What legal services and templates does Law Central offer?
Legal document templates. Law Central has nearly 100 document templates, including documents related to issues like:
- Estate planning
- Commercial law
- Company activities
Webinar recordings. To better help its clients understand the intricacies of legal documents, Law Central also offers recorded webinars on:
- Advanced legal health checks for business
- Employment contracts
- Business tax issues
Printing and binding service. Although Law Central offers online storage for documents, it also provides clients with the option of having their documents physically printed and bound. Law Central offers regular and deluxe binding options to suit the importance of the document.
How much does Law Central cost?
Law Central charges users per document, with cheaper documents like the Capital Gains Tax Asset Register Kit costing from $33 and more expensive documents like a business registration and lodgement (Building a Company – Elodgement) costing $625.
You can purchase legal document templates from Law Central by applying for a membership. The first membership tier is silver and is free. Below is a breakdown of the benefits offered with each tier:
- Silver. This membership is free and comes with some standard inclusions:
- Access to Law Central's range of legal documents
- Checklists for each document
- Access to document samples
- Legal Tutor frequently asked questions for each document
- Fortnightly Bulletin sent to your email inbox and access to the bulletin archive
- Gold. For $99 per annum, you get standard silver access and bonus bulletin content.
- Platinum. For $150 per annum, you get the gold membership bulletin content and discounts on many of the documents in the Law Central library.
Printing and binding service
This is an optional service afforded to clients within Australia. Once purchased, Law Central posts the documents by the next day.
- Regular Binding Option. This costs $38.50 and comes with two printed and wire-bound copies of your legal documents. Law Central also includes a printed copy of explanatory notes.
- Deluxe Binding Option. This option is only available for New Companies, New Trust Deeds and New Super Fund deeds and costs $49.50. It comes with two printed, wire-bound copies of your legal documents with a black leather look two-ring binder with dividers. The documents also come with explanatory notes.
Who is Law Central meant for?
Law Central is suitable for any individuals or businesses in need of simple legal document templates in Australia. It is an affordable option for those who might not have the resources to hire a lawyer on an hourly basis. The legal templates are available for various circumstances, from investment strategies for a self-managed super fund (SMSF) to an agreement to buy a house with friends. The website is also a trove of educational resources for anyone looking to learn more about the law.
Law Central might not suit those with complex legal issues who need a highly customised document or legal advice.
Pros and cons of Law Central
- Simple instructions for each document
- Free document samples
- Phone and email support
- 30 day refunds
- Locked PDF format for some documents might be difficult to edit
- No step-by-step instructions for filling templates
- Bonus content only available for members
- Document discounts only available for platinum members
How does Law Central compare to similar services?
With over a hundred documents available, Law Central can be useful for individuals and businesses who prefer to pick and choose templates without needing a paid subscription.
Frequently asked questions about Law Central
What is Law Central's refund policy?
Law Central has a money-back guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied with your documents. It is only applicable to online documents and must be claimed within one month of purchase.
Does Law Central provide legal advice?
No, Law Central does not provide legal advice to clients. If you have questions about your legal document, Law Central recommends getting in touch with the document's author or speaking to your own lawyer.Back to top