Last-minute Easter gifts and ideas 2021
Say goodbye to down-to-the-wire Easter panic with these easy last-minute Easter gifts and ideas.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
It’s not too late to get crackin’ and organise your Easter gifts and party – we promise! Sure, you might be knocking on Good Friday’s door, but rest assured the Easter bunny is well-stocked and has much in store for last-minute shoppers – including these super-easy, super-quick gifts and ideas.
Better hop to it!
Don’t forget: Many major shopping centres will be closed for trade on Good Friday and Easter Sunday meaning your last chance to shop will be Thursday evening. The positive side to this is that you can take advantage of Thursday night shopping to get the bulk of your Easter gifts and treats.
Last-minute Easter gifts
Chocolates. That is all. Grocery shops like Coles and Woolworths are a great starting point to find what you need in this department. Order online and they can deliver the following day (which makes Wednesday the cut-off order date for Thursday deliveries). Order online before 11am and choose Click 'n' Collect and you can pick-up your shop later that day from select stores.
For other last-minute choc-shop options as well as backup Easter gifts for when the chocolate supply in-store runs thin (anything bunny rabbits, carrots or chickens), you might like to hit up other stores that do Click 'n' Collect or express/next day delivery like David Jones (order by 4pm for pick-up the following business day), or Bockers and Pony (order by 11:30am for same-day delivery in Sydney or 1:30pm for Melbourne).
Shop last-minute Easter gifts here
Peppa Pig: Peppas Easter Egg Hunt
Last-minute Easter ideas
Throwing a party? Give these ten last-minute Easter decoration and activity ideas a spin.
1. Use printables (Image: Pinterest)
2. Make-your-own Easter egg cups (Pinterest)
3. Treat them to carrots (Image: Pinterest)
1. Use printables. Too late to buy decorations? Print out colouring-in pages of chickens and bunnies and get your guests (or kids) to colour, cut, decorate them and place them around the house. You can also print out activities and games such as this I Spy one.
2. Make Easter egg balloons. Do you have spare balloons around the house? Grab a gold or silver marker and dot them for a simple yet transformative look.
3. Make-your-own-Easter cups. Buy white and yellow paper cups and card, pipe cleaners and craft eyeballs and ask guests to decorate their cups as rabbits, chicks or ducks.
3. Treat them with carrots. Fill clear piping bags with orange-coloured sweets or savouries and tie them off with green string to make carrot-shaped favours.
4. Use empty egg shells. Transform old eggshells into beautiful decorations by painting the shells Easter colours, placing tacking them onto a board for stability and planting cuttings into them. You could also hard-boil eggs and decorate them with paint, crepe paper, felt-tip pen or stickers.
5. Put a message inside an Easter egg. Write a message on a piece of paper and roll it up tight. With a needle, pop a hole into the top and bottom of an egg and blow the insides out to empty. Pour water into it to wash, wait for it to dry and then push the rolled message through the hole.
4. Use empty eggshells (Image: Pinterest)
5. Message in an egg (Image: Pinterest)
8. Popsicle stick puzzles. (Image: Pinterest/Plain Vanilla Mom)
6. Turn bowls into egg nests. Cover bowls with double-sided tape and wind coloured wool around them to make colourful bird’s nests. Fill them with treats or serve dishes in them.
7. Have an Easter egg hunt with DIY baskets. Forgot to buy baskets for the big hunt? Weave paper baskets with instructables founds online for them to use.
8. Make Popsicle stick puzzles. Paint a large picture across a number of popsicle sticks and mix them up for the kids to put back together.
9. Guess the number of lollies in a jar. A favourite that everyone can get into. The winner wins the jar, obviously.
10. Play egg roll, egg toss, egg-and-spoon, egg bowling and other egg-a-licious games. Boil eggs and away you go!
Current deals and specials
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert