Say goodbye to down-to-the-wire Easter panic with these easy last-minute Easter gifts and ideas.
It’s not too late to get crackin’ and organise your Easter gifts and party - promise! Sure, you might be knocking on Good Friday’s door, but rest assured the Easter bunny is well-stocked and has much in store for last-minute shoppers - including these super-easy, super-quick gifts and ideas.
Better hop to it!
Don’t forget: Many major shopping centres will be closed for trade on Good Friday and Easter Sunday meaning your last chance to shop will be Thursday evening. The positive side to this is that you can take advantage of Thursday night shopping to get the bulk of your Easter gifts and treats.
Last-minute Easter gifts
Chocolates. That is all. Grocery shops like Coles and Woolworths are a great starting point to find what you need in this department. Order online and they can deliver the following day (which makes Wednesday the cut-off order date for Thursday deliveries). Order online before 11am and choose Click ‘n’ Collect and you can pick-up your shop later that day from select stores.
For other last-minute choc-shop options as well as backup Easter gifts for when the chocolate supply in-store runs thin (anything bunny rabbits, carrots or chickens), you might like to hit up other stores that do Click ‘n’ Collect or express/next day delivery like David Jones (order by 4pm for pick-up the following business day), Target (order before 12pm and have your item express shipped the following business day) or Bockers and Pony (order by 11:30am for same-day delivery in Sydney or 1:30pm for Melbourne).
Shop last-minute Easter gifts here
Last-minute Easter ideas
Throwing a party? Give these 10 last-minute Easter decoration and activity ideas a spin.
1. Use printables. Too late to buy decorations? Print out colouring-in pages of chickens and bunnies and get your guests (or kids) to colour, cut, decorate them and place them around the house. You can also print out activities and games such as this I Spy one.
2. Make Easter egg balloons. Do you have spare balloons around the house? Grab a gold or silver marker and dot them for a simple yet transformative look.
3. Make-your-own-Easter cups. Buy white and yellow paper cups and card, pipe cleaners and craft eyeballs and ask guests to decorate their cups as rabbits, chicks or ducks.
3. Treat them with carrots. Fill clear piping bags with orange-coloured sweets or savouries and tie them off with green string to make carrot-shaped favours.
4. Use empty egg shells. Transform old eggshells into beautiful decorations by painting the shells Easter colours, placing tacking them onto a board for stability and planting cuttings into them. You could also hard-boil eggs and decorate them with paint, crepe paper, felt-tip pen or stickers.
5. Put a message inside an Easter egg. Write a message on a piece of paper and roll it up tight. With a needle, pop a hole into the top and bottom of an egg and blow the insides out to empty. Pour water into it to wash, wait for it to dry and then push the rolled message through the hole.
6. Turn bowls into egg nests. Cover bowls with double-sided tape and wind coloured wool around them to make colourful bird’s nests. Fill them with treats or serve dishes in them.
7. Have an Easter egg hunt with DIY baskets. Forgot to buy baskets for the big hunt? Weave paper baskets with instructables founds online for them to use.
8. Make Popsicle stick puzzles. Paint a large picture across a number of popsicle sticks and mix them up for the kids to put back together.
9. Guess the number of lollies in a jar. A favourite that everyone can get into. The winner wins the jar, obviously.
10. Play egg roll, egg toss, egg-and-spoon, egg bowling and other egg-a-licious games. Boil eggs and away you go!
25% off Easter products
Get 25% off Easter products at Bed Bath N' Table. Conditions apply.
Up to 30% off Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa, Singapore
Valid from 11-16 April. Book your easter holiday at Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa and get ready to enjoy discount up to 30% on best available rates inclusive of breakfast.
Show code & visit siteAS****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Up to 30% off select Easter
Get up to 30% off select Easter at Pottery Barn Kids. Conditions Apply