Cheap flights to Las Vegas for 2021
Flight deals and special fares to fabulous Las Vegas.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Las Vegas is the America’s most visited travel destination. While gambling and shows on Las Vegas Boulevard, as well as trips to the Grand Canyon are the main delights, travellers are also known for watching the sun go down over The Strip in anticipation of the nightlife really kicking off. Between the casinos and shopping outlets there is opportunity around every corner to spend your hard-earned cash. Thankfully you can find great flight deals from Australia to Las Vegas.
Flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are one-stop to Las Vegas and those from other Australian cities will require a change at one of the three, followed by a second stopover elsewhere. Aussie travellers will generally transit through Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver or Hawaii, depending on the airline.
See our latest flight deals to Las Vegas
How much should you expect to pay for cheap flights to Las Vegas?
You can fly from Australia to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas with one stopover, usually via LAX or Honolulu. Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight.
Las Vegas flight times
- From Sydney: 18 hrs 45 mins + with a stopover in Vancouver, Los Angeles or San Francisco
- From Melbourne: 17 hrs 15 mins + with a stopover In Vancouver, Los Angeles or San Francisco
- From Perth: 24 hrs 30 mins + with a domestic and international stopover. The common flight pattern is to fly from Perth to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane and then take another connecting flight from LAX to Las Vegas
- From Brisbane: 16 hrs 20 mins + with a stopover, usually at Los Angeles International Airport
Airlines that fly to Las Vegas
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Las Vegas insider flight tips
- Most flights to Las Vegas from Australia involve a change at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) which can mean lengthy queues for customs and baggage clearance. As this is probably the last thing you want after a long flight, one way to avoid this is to chose an Asian airline like China Southern or Korean Air which transits in Asia. These are often comparatively cheap too.
- If you are more flexible, cheap domestic flights are readily available between LAX and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS) so you can always spend a couple of nights in LA before heading to the bright lights of Sin City. Virgin Australia, Qantas, United Airlines and Delta all operate direct flights from Australia to LAX.
- October and August are usually the cheapest months for flight deals to Las Vegas. Peak visiting season is around New Year and Halloween so these times should be avoided if you’re looking for the best flight deals.
How to get around Los Angeles from the airport
Las Vegas Airport is only a few kilometres south of downtown Las Vegas. The two terminals (one and three) are well-equipped with free Wi-Fi if you need to get in contact with someone. Shuttle buses and public buses can be taken from the arrivals terminal to hotels on or around The Strip. Shuttles can be booked inside the terminal and the journey is as short as 10 minutes. Taxis and Ubers are also readily available and well-regulated. Airport staff will happily assist with getting you into a taxi.
Car rental desks don’t operate at the airport itself but you can get a shuttle from the airport to their locations. Car hire in Las Vegas is not necessary as the city is fairly compact with plenty of public transport, but can be convenient for families or people wanting to explore.
If you are flying into Los Angeles and transferring to Las Vegas, be conscious when booking onward travel that you’ll have to clear customs and baggage at LAX which can present lengthy wait times. The cheapest and most convenient way to get between the two cities is a domestic flight. LAX has a free shuttle service between the terminals with departures every 10-15 minutes from outside Tom Bradley International Terminal – look out for a large blue sign.
More guides on Finder
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Say hello to the world from $375 with this Virgin Australia sale
EXPIRED: Get in quick to discover the USA or the South Pacific.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2021
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Cheap Norfolk Island flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Norfolk Island.
Cheap Alice Springs flights to book in 2021
ompare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Alice Springs Airport (ASP).
Ask an Expert