TICA Landlord Insurance

TICA landlord insurance provides cover for your investment property, holiday home or unit.

No reviews yet. Write a review

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

TICA is Australia's largest tenancy database which helps to protect landlords from bad tenants. With years of experience working with property owners and landlords, it now also offers landlord insurance. Find out more about your options below.

warningSome landlord insurance policies have temporarily removed benefits such as rent default and a few others because of the pandemic. Make sure to check this with the insurer before deciding on a policy.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the TICA website or compare a bunch of other landlord insurance companies with Finder.
Compare landlord insurance fast

TICA landlord insurance cover options

TICA provides several landlord insurance policy options. Here's an overview of what it offers:

Landlord insurance

TICA's landlord insurance policy covers property investment owners for deliberate or malicious damage, fire and explosion and landlord contents. There is also the option of upgrading your landlord insurance to cover events like accidental damage, pet damage and more.

Holiday home

TICA also offers insurance for your holiday home. It provides cover for events including fire, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, accidental glass breakage, malicious damage, storms, theft by third parties and deliberate damage.

Holiday unit

If you have a holiday unit you want to rent out, TICA can also provide cover for that by insuring the contents kept at the property. Insured events include fire, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, accidental glass breakage, malicious damage, storms, theft by third parties and deliberate damage.

TICA policy benefits

Here's what you can get with a TICA policy.

Type of coverLandlordLandlord PlusLandlord Customised Landlord Customised PlusHoliday UnitHoliday Unit PlusHoliday CustomisedHoliday Customised Plus
BuildingNot includedNot includedSum InsuredSum Insured$30,000 $60,000 Sum InsuredSum Insured
Contents$30,000$70,000Sum InsuredSum Insured$30,000$60,000Sum InsuredSum Insured
Water Damage
Glass Breakage
Malicious Damage
Impact Damage
Riot or civil commotion
Motor Burnout
Tax Audit Fees
Accidental Damage
Legal Liability$20 million$20 million$20 million$20 million$20 million$20 million$20 million$20 million
Loss of Rent52 weeks52 weeks52 weeks52 weeks$50,000$50,000Sum InsuredSum Insured
Prevention of access
52 weeks
52 weeks
Damage and Theft by TenantsDamage by Tenants
Deliberate Damage$50,000$70,000Building Sum InsuredBuilding Sum Insured$50,000$60,000Building Sum InsuredBuilding Sum Insured
Accidental Damage
Building Sum Insured
Damage Rent LossTenant's Default will be noted on the Certificate of Insurance52 weeks 52 weeks 52 weeks 52 weeks
Theft$50,000$70,000Building Sum InsuredBuilding Sum Insured
Garbage Removal
Legal Expenses$5,000$7,500$5,000$7,500

TICA landlord insurance excess: How it works

The excess is a payment you need to contribute towards a claim when an insurer agrees to cover you. You have to pay any excesses which apply to your claim. They're generally outlined in your Policy Schedule. With TICA, your excess may include:

  • Standard/basic excess. This is usually applied whenever you make a claim and is generally around $300.
  • Theft by tenant. An excess of $250 generally applies.
  • Earthquake or tsunami damage excess. You might need to pay an additional excess for claims related to earthquakes or tsunamis.

How to make a TICA landlord insurance claim

You can make a TICA landlord insurance claim online. The following claim forms are available on its website:

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site