Kogan to launch new budget health insurance offering
Medibank Group and Kogan.com join forces to launch Kogan Health.
Online retailer and purveyor of all things cheap, Kogan.com has struck a deal with the Medibank Group and will launch its own budget health insurance product: Kogan Health.
The agreement will see Kogan Health offer budget policies that are wholly owned by Medibank subsidiary Australian Health Management Group Pty Ltd (ahm).
The policies will be underwritten by Medibank, with all the sales commissions earned on the policies going to Kogan Health.
Executive director of Kogan.com, David Shafer, said that Kogan Health will offer Australian consumers better value health insurance.
"Kogan Health will bring healthy competition to the health insurance industry, ultimately making it more affordable to take control of your health," Shafer said in a statement.
It's hoped that Kogan Health will launch in the second half of this financial year.
This is not the first insurance offering from Kogan, which entered the Australian insurance marketplace in August 2017 offering a range of general insurance products.
Initially, Kogan offered home, contents, travel, car and landlord insurance policies all underwritten by Hollard.
Kogan Insurance is aimed at providing Aussies with premium coverage on a budget.
Compare your health insurance options today
- You can stay on your parents’ health policy until you’re 31 – if your fund plays ball
- 7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
- Is 130,000 Velocity points worth changing your health insurance for?
- Medical expenses up 8.3% – how can you avoid being stung?
- Earn over $90K? You could save $900+ in tax with basic private health cover