Kogan Mobile expands data inclusions: 23GB for $50
The data's getting bigger across most of Kogan's offerings.
Kogan Mobile is increasing data allowances across most of its plans.
From today, allowances on its Small plan have gone up from 1.5GB to 2GB. The Large plan sees an increase from 11GB to 16GB, and the Extra Large jumps up from 16GB to 23GB. The other aspects of the plans remain unchanged: the data allowance covers 30 days, and you get unlimited calls and texts to Australian numbers. Kogan Mobile uses the Vodafone 4G network.
The only plan that's untouched is the Medium plan, which continues to offer 6GB for 30 days.
|Plan||Old inclusion||New inclusion||Cost (30 days)|
Over one month, the Extra Large plan costs $49.90, which is one of the cheapest data bundles on offer right now. If you're happy to pay $315.10 up-front for 365 days, the effective cost per 30 days drops to $25.90. That said, you'll lose the flexibility of being able to switch over that 12-month period.
Kogan last increased data allowances across its plans back in September. More recently amaysim upped inclusions on many of its plans, and Kogan's price cut would seem to be in part a response to that move. We'd expect more providers in the month-to-month space to make cuts in the near future.
Not sure which mobile plan will best suit you? Use our Mobile Plan Finder to choose the right option.
- Kogan Mobile iPhone plans: How they compare + what to watch out for
- Vodafone 5G trial: Get faster mobile speeds with Lebara, Kogan, TPG and iiNet
- Kogan Mobile vs Catch Connect: Whose dollar deal is better?
- Data-lovers rejoice, Kogan Mobile’s massive 23GB for $4.90 deal is back
- Kogan Mobile’s dirt-cheap prepaid plans are back with up to 23GB of data for just $7.90