Kirby is picking a fight with himself in the new 3DS game Kirby: Battle Royale
The pink puffball is getting feisty in this upcoming 3D brawler.
Kirby is taking an ever-more prominent position in Nintendo's line-up as of today, with two Kirby games announced during this morning's Nintendo Direct event.
While the first was simply the official announcement of the Kirby game for Nintendo Switch shown back at E3, Nintendo 3DS is getting a brand new Kirby title with Kirby: Battle Royale. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the Battle Royale movie, but it does look like a fun multiplayer beat 'em up that lets Kirby unleash his range of powers against other versions of himself in a variety of 3D arenas.
Link Kirby, Knight Kirby and Cowboy Kirby are just some of the Kirby variants on display. The game will feature 10 different battle modes alongside standard brawling, and will support both local and online multiplayer.
Kirby: Battle Royale is due for release on 3DS on 19 January 2018.
In other 3DS news, Minecraft is on its way to the system, and the best Mario Party minigames are being bundled into a portable collection.
- Slightly Mad are Two Months Quicker at Building Cars than Polyphony Digital
- Producer Sam Rivera breaks down the player feedback that’s helped shape FIFA 18
- Sony is kicking off an Australian PlayStation 4 Trophy competition
- Creative director Will Ho on the introduction of RNG to Need for Speed Payback
- This week’s best game deals: Aussie Rockstars, remastered Rayman and the return of Ronaldo