Kirby is picking a fight with himself in the new 3DS game Kirby: Battle Royale
The pink puffball is getting feisty in this upcoming 3D brawler.
Kirby is taking an ever-more prominent position in Nintendo's line-up as of today, with two Kirby games announced during this morning's Nintendo Direct event.
While the first was simply the official announcement of the Kirby game for Nintendo Switch shown back at E3, Nintendo 3DS is getting a brand new Kirby title with Kirby: Battle Royale. Sadly, it has nothing to do with the Battle Royale movie, but it does look like a fun multiplayer beat 'em up that lets Kirby unleash his range of powers against other versions of himself in a variety of 3D arenas.
Link Kirby, Knight Kirby and Cowboy Kirby are just some of the Kirby variants on display. The game will feature 10 different battle modes alongside standard brawling, and will support both local and online multiplayer.
Kirby: Battle Royale is due for release on 3DS on 19 January 2018.
In other 3DS news, Minecraft is on its way to the system, and the best Mario Party minigames are being bundled into a portable collection.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?