Looking to explore the world of keto in a hassle-free way? That's where ordering keto meal delivery comes in. From building your own meals to picking your 3pm snacks, these are the companies offering easy keto meal delivery online in Australia.
My Muscle Chef
With a focus on delivering fresh, not frozen, meals My Muscle Chef has been creating keto recipes for Australians since 2013. From chicken curries to vegetable bakes, My Muscle Chef brings together locally sourced ingredients and delivers to over 4,500 postcodes across Australia.
- First-time customer offer: Use WELCOME20 $20 off your order.
- Available in: Sydney, Sydney Metro, Brisbane Metro, ACT, NSW, QLD, VIC, WA, SA, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Adelaide Metro, Melbourne Metro, Perth Metro, Victorian Metro, Sunshine Coast
- Special dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Keto, Low carb, No eggs, No seafood, Nut-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, High calorie
Pay one week at a time and get customised keto meal plans with Foober. Swap out meals on your two-week plan for a tailored package filled with your favourite meals and snacks. Choose between two, three or four meals a day and change your meals before the weekly cut-off. If you decide to continue the program, you'll receive alternative menus based on the week.
- First-time customer offer: $15 off your order.
- Available in: Sydney, Sydney Metro, NSW
- Special dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan
A Life Plus
Delivering to suburbs across New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory and South Australia, A Life Plus prides itself on no contracts, no minimum orders and free delivery over $50. Take your pick from its three, five or seven day lunch and dinner keto meal kits.
- Available in: Sydney, Sydney Metro, Brisbane Metro, ACT, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Blue Mountains, Adelaide, Adelaide Metro, Wollongong, Canberra, Melbourne Metro, Mornington Peninsula, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo, Central Highlands, Coffs Harbour, Hornsby, Port Macquarie, Sunbury
- Special dietary requirements: Alkaline, Dairy-free, Diabetes-friendly, Gluten-free, Halal, Keto, Low carb, Low sodium, No added sugar, Organic, Paleo, Pescatarian, Plant-based, Vegan, Vegetarian
Choose between the full keto diet plan or pick exactly what you want from Dietlicious' keto diet meals. With a decade of experience under its belt, Dietlicious' mission is to bring Australians a range of gourmet recipes right to their doorsteps. It currently operates in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra and their surrounding areas.
- Available in: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra
- Special dietary requirements: Capsicum free, Coriander free, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Vegan, Vegetarian
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet is made up of a high fat and very low carb intake. The science behind it suggests that reducing your carbohydrate intake will then send your body into a state of ketosis. This forces the body to use body fat as a fuel source as opposed to carbs.
What should I consider before starting a keto meal plan?
The keto meal plan isn't a long-term solution as it cuts out grains, certain fruits and vegetables in order to induce a fasting state. Originally designed for epilepsy patients, this isn't a balanced diet and isn't suitable for everyone. Consider consulting your doctor prior to starting.
An important factor to note is that initial reactions to the diet vary. You may experience what is called the "keto flu" which could leave your body feeling a little worse for wear. However, these symptoms usually disappear after a few days.
Keep in mind that initial weight loss on the keto diet is likely attributed to water weight rather than actual fat loss.
Should I talk to a doctor or nutritionist before starting a keto diet?
This depends on your current health status. If you are taking medications for conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure - it's recommended you seek advice from a medical professional. Keeping your doctor in the loop will also clue you in on whether keto is right for you.
What can't I eat on a keto diet?
Key things you may need to minimise your intake of include:
- Grains and cereals
- Starchy vegetables
- High-sugar and dried fruits
What can I eat on a keto diet?
You can expect any of the following foods to become a regular part of your keto plan:
- Non-starchy vegetables (avocado, asparagus, broccolini, olives, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, green beans, spinach, cauliflower)
- Beef and other meats