Kathy Bates runs a cannabis shop in new Netflix comedy series Disjointed
Start rolling those joints 'cause the show will be lighting up later this month.
Netflix has dropped a trailer for its first original sitcom today, and it's probably not what you were expecting. Unless you were expecting a show centred on an LA weed dispensary run by a shawl-wearing Kathy Bates (Harry's Law, American Horror Story), that is. If you were, you might well have been high on Bates's own supply.
Titled Disjointed, this new comedy series sees Bates take the role of Ruth Whitefeather Feldman, a long-time advocate for legalisation with a free-spirited approach to life and business. To staff her new cannabis dispensary, Ruth hires her just-graduated son and a team of three "budtenders". Unsurprisingly, things get kind of weird from there.
Disjointed comes from the minds of Emmy-winning writers Chuck Lorre (Two and Half Men, The Big Bang Theory) and David Javerbaum (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart). Alongside Kathy Bates, the show stars Aaron Moten (Mozart in the Jungle), Tone Bell (Transference) and Australia's own Dougie Baldwin (Upper Middle Bogan).
The first season of Disjointed will arrive on Netflix on 25 August.
Bates isn't the only big name to join the Netflix roster recently. The streaming platform also announced today that it will be home to David Letterman's new talk show.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious