5 companies that can help you find the perfect Kangaroo Island tours
If you’re going to visit Kangaroo Island, you’ve got to do it right.
Minutes from the South Australian coast, Kangaroo Island teems with Australian bushland and wildlife. Boasting 509 km of coastline, it’s Australia’s third largest island and is a hot destination for ecotourism, exploration and adventure. The island features a sea lion colony, a koala sanctuary and natural formations such as Remarkable Rocks and Admiral’s Arch. For adventure seekers, quad biking and sandboarding is a must.
Being moments away from Adelaide, it’s not hard to take a day trip to Kangaroo Island. For those who’d like to explore some more, however, multi-day trips and on-site accommodation are available too.
If you’re thinking of taking a day or a multi-day trip, why not let the experts curate your visit to this spectacular wildlife sanctuary? These tour companies do know how to do it best.
TourRadar works with some of the biggest names in the biz (eg, Contiki, Trafalgar, Topdeck) to offer holiday-makers one of the biggest selections of tours online at some of the best prices.
- Kangaroo Island tours are incorporated within larger tours of South Australia and Australia in general
- Independent and cultural tour styles
- Tour lengths vary from 7 to 44 days
Viator prides itself on giving you that “insider view” of your destination by providing handpicked tours that are verified by customer reviews and photos.
- Part-, full- and multi-day trips and activities available
- Lowest prices guaranteed
- Small group tours available
3. Intrepid Travel
Intrepid is all about responsible travel that’s available to everyone, which is why its tours to Kangaroo Island deliver itineraries that incorporate local travel and accommodation.
- 2-day trips to Kangaroo Island available
- Classic and budget-style tours available
- Transfers, meals and overnight accommodation included
Much more than just a ferry company, Sealink offers a range of options to tour Kangaroo Island, from one-day adventures to packaged tours.
- Choose from options like wildlife adventures, foodie tours and ocean safaris
- Book the tour or portions of it, from the transfer from Adelaide and the ferry across to the island to additional nights at island accommodation.
5. Adventure Tours Australia
If your tour style involves adventure, exploration and roughing it in the great outdoors, then Adventure Tours Australia can cater to you.
- Original and Basix tours available to suit any budget and travel style
- 2-day Kangaroo Island tours available departing from Adelaide
- Medium-sized tour groups with a maximum of 24 people
Does your company belong in this list?
Top 3 Kangaroo Island day tours
All Terrain Quad Adventure
Sunset Kangaroo Safari
Nocturnal 4wd Tour - Private Tour
Top 3 Kangaroo Island multi-day tours
Kangaroo Island 5 day walking tour
2 days 4wd Tour - Best of Kangaroo Island
Tastes of Southern Australia (12 destinations)
What you need to know about Kangaroo Island:
Where is Kangaroo Island?
Kangaroo Island is located just off the coast of south-eastern South Australia.
How far is Kangaroo Island from Adelaide?
A 3-hour drive by car (including the hour-long ferry ride from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw on the island), it sits about 110 kilometres southwest of Adelaide CBD.
Alternatively, REX flies to Kingscote on Kangaroo Island up to five times per day, allowing you to spend a lot less time on the road during a day trip.
How long is Kangaroo Island
From east to west, the island is about 155 kilometres long and 55 kilometres across as its widest.
Can you drive to Kangaroo Island?
Yes. There's a car and passenger ferry available from Cape Jervis, located south of Adelaide. The
Top Kangaroo Island tour deals
Feature image: Adventure Tours Australia
Ask an Expert