July’s cheapest owner-occupier home loans
Lenders are starting to make upward rate moves, so now is the time to look for a better deal.
The Reserve Bank of Australia seems set to leave the official cash rate on hold at 1.50% for an extended period. The RBA's July decision to again leave rates untouched marked the 21st consecutive meeting with no action.
But lenders are increasingly facing funding pressures independent of the official cash rate. June saw a wave of out-of-cycle rate rises, and July looks set to be no different.
If your lender is moving out-of-cycle with the RBA, it may be time to look for a better deal. With that in mind, we've compiled July's cheapest loans for owner-occupiers. We've broken them down into variable and fixed rate loans, and applied the following criteria.
- All loans listed are principal and interest loans for owner-occupiers.
- All loans have a maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of at least 80%.
- Each loan has a minimum loan amount of no more than $150,000 and a maximum amount of $500,000 or more.
- Each fixed rate is for a term of three years.
- We've excluded line of credit, guarantor and construction loans.
- Rates are correct as of 5 July 2018.
Check out the table below to see the cheapest deals on offer through finder.com.au. If you're paying a higher rate, it may be time to refinance for a better deal.
*Our cheapest variable rate home loans round-up is a monthly article that features the cheapest loans in finder.com.au's database. The rates and other information in this page are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. There may be cheaper loans on the market than the ones listed here.