Enjoy $49 Jetstar flights between Victoria and Tasmania
These low fares are just in time for the Christmas holidays.
PSA to all Victorians and Tasmanians: it's time to explore your backyards with Jetstar's latest low fares.
From 27 November 2020, Jetstar and Qantas are resuming flights between the two states bringing back 12,000 weekly seats.
Pack your bags for travel over the summer period between December 2020 and February 2021.
After doing a check ourselves, the cheapest flights are available from 1 January to 28 February 2021. Unfortunately, December is already sold out.
Need we say more? Head over to Skyscanner now to sort out your fares.
As these prices aren't a part of a specific sale, they are only available until sold out.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Okay. These aren't the cheapest fares we've seen from Jetstar, with the last sale offering Melbourne-Launceston from $39 a pop. Keep in mind you're getting travel dates that run through the summer school holidays as opposed to mid-winter.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is Australia's only low-cost carrier. This means that checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are not included in your fares but can be added for an extra fee.
- Travel time: Great. No need to deal with connection times when you fly direct.
- Weather: Great. December marks the perfect time to explore both Victoria and Tasmania. As summer rolls in, comfortable temperatures make outdoor activities ideal. We suggest checking out the Grampians or the Cradle Mountain region.
- Qantas and Jetstar accelerate restart for flights to Singapore, Fiji and more
- Busted from booking: Holiday rental prices skyrocket in travel hotspots
- New $50 NSW travel vouchers: How to get them, where to use them
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals