Jetstar drops South Australia and NSW border reopening sale with flights from $59
Catch some spring sunshine across that border from October.
As of midnight, the borders between New South Wales and South Australia will reopen, letting New South Wales residents into the state without having to quarantine.
Jetstar is obviously excited because the airline has dropped a sale on flights between the two states with fares starting at $59 each way.
Eligible dates are from 13 October to 10 December 2020, giving you plenty of time to submit your leave. Oh, and get your online registration sorted – for those travelling from New South Wales.
This sale runs for 36 hours, ending midnight 24 September, unless seats sell out early.
You know the rules: first in, best dressed. Get in now by searching for your holiday at Skyscanner or in the search field below:
For added piece of mind, Jetstar is offering bookings made for domestic travel taken by 15 December one free date change. Just know that while you can change your dates penalty-free, you will have to pay any fare difference if your new flights are more expensive.
How good are these Jetstar fares?
- Price: Good. It's been a while since Jetstar released any Sydney-Adelaide flights but one of the last times it did, it took fares to $69 each way. This sale does it one better, shaving an extra $10 off each way.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is a low-cost carrier and your fare includes carry-on luggage and your seat only. Yes, you can add checked luggage to your flight, but this will cost extra depending on how much weight you require.
- Frequent flyer points: None. Jetstar sale fares don't accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points unless you upgrade to a Plus or Max bundle, which start at $40 extra per person, per flight.
- Travel time: Great. Flights are direct, taking around 2 hours each way.
- Weather: Great. You're travelling near peak-period with spring and summer sunshine in spades. Dates don't include the school holidays or long weekend but do include the State of Origin Game I.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?