Jump on the Jetstar sale to Japan from $189 each way
The cheapest legs take off from Cairns with flights to Osaka from $189 and Tokyo from $199 one-way.
Flights are also available from Gold Coast from $229, Melbourne from $313 and Sydney from $319 each way.
Sydney and Melbourne routes include travel dates from January to June 2020 while Cairns and Gold Coast departures can find sale fares all the way to 10 December 2020.
This means that summer in Japan is definitely on the cards as is the chance to hit the snow. Peak holiday periods are excluded and dates vary based on the route.
Jetstar's Christmas sale is available until 9 December 2019 unless sold out prior.
To book: Head over to Skyscanner to pick out your best travel dates and secure a seat.
How good are these Jetstar fares?
- Price: Good. These are definitely not in the same league as Jetstar's Return for FREE fares, which have gone as low as $299 return. Compared to regular fares though, you're saving around $265+ with a huge selection of dates on offer.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is a budget airline so you'll fork out a bit more if you want checked baggage, meals and entertainment on the plane.
- Travel time: Good. Flights from the Gold Coast and Cairns are direct. All other flights include a stopover in one of these cities.
- Weather: Great. While you won't be able to sneak in a cheap fare for the 2020 Olympics or the cherry blossom season, you still have a full year of dates to work around. We suggest aiming for dates from March to May and September to October as the best times to visit Japan.
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do
- Vivid Sydney 2021: 7 unique ways to experience it
- Before and after: How COVID-19 affected Australian consumer behaviour