Jetstar sale: $20 seats and only 12,000 available
We repeat: The speed of lightning is required for this one.As Friday rolls around for another week, the latest Jetstar sale is set to have us running for our wallets.
For $20 (yes, that's right), flights are taking off across the country including Melbourne to Ballina Byron and Cairns to Sydney.
If you're already a Club Jetstar member, this sale is catch-free. As for all the non-club members, these seats are only available if you sign up – which is easily done before they go on sale or at checkout.
With that out of the way, let's get onto some more cheap-as-chips fares for $20.
- Gold Coast to Melbourne
- Sydney to Ballina Byron
- Melbourne to Uluru
- Hobart to Brisbane
- Perth to Sydney
- Melbourne to Busselton (Margaret River)
When can you fly? Travel dates range from early-October to mid-December 2021. The perfect way to welcome spring in the air.
To book you'll have to head to Jetstar directly but feel free to compare flight prices via KAYAK.
The 12,000 flights land at 9am, 26 March 2021 and finish at 9pm, unless sold out prior.
How good are these fares?
Membership aside, this Jetstar sale almost matches the fares that plummeted to $19 in June 2020 and are the cheapest we've seen since. The airline also dropped $25 seats earlier this month which beat out its benchmark $29 flights.
However, if you're not a member and have to pay $55, this sale still works out for you. A route such as Perth to Sydney, which had sale fares of $139 one way on 25 March, is discounted by a whooping $203 return.
Club Jetstar membership comes with early access to sales, member-only fares plus bookings of up to four that include discounted bags and seats.
What is a Jetstar Friday Fare Frenzy? Every Friday from 12pm to 8pm, our favourite low-cost airline drops discounted seats. On some occasions (such as today), Jetstar extends the sale by either a few hours or days.
What's the catch?
- Flexibility: Good. Add FareCredit at checkout which offers a credit for the value of your fare plus any in-flight extras in the case that you cancel. Vouchers are valid for up to three years from the issue date. In addition, all bookings with Jetstar vouchers will be returned if the flight is cancelled or affected by border restrictions.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar aims to save you money when you fly. So checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment aren't included in your tickets but can be added for an extra fee.
- Travel time: Great. No one likes connection times, enjoy direct flights across the offer.
- Weather: Good. The eligible travel dates run through early-October to mid-December. This is the perfect time to see Sydney, particularly between October and November. Travellers heading off at the end of the year can enjoy comfortable temperatures, fewer crowds and cheaper accommodation.