Jetstar sale: New route $69 flights to Cairns
For bargain prices escape the winter chill with direct flights announced between Newcastle and Cairns.
- The new route takes off from late June to October 2021.
- Jetstar is the only airline servicing this route in Australia.
- A 12-hour flash sale launches at midday with fares from $69 one way. Head to KAYAK to book now.
Jetstar has announced a new flight path today in partnership with the Queensland government.
To celebrate the news, the carrier is launching a flash sale at midday with fares from Cairns to Newcastle starting from $69 one way.
Jetstar Group CEO Gareth Evans said, "The demand for leisure travel in Australia continues to be really strong, and Jetstar is in a great position to be able to add more flights to connect even more destinations across the country.
"We're expecting to see great demand on this route, which will in turn boost local jobs and support local tourism."
Flights commence on 23 June and are set to run three times a week up until October this year.
If you're ready to book your trip to the tropical north, click through to KAYAK to secure your spot now.
This is a limited flash sale and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 22 April 2021, unless sold out prior.
What if I'm not flying from Newcastle?
If you're not planning on flying from Newcastle you can still find great prices in Jetstar's half-price sale.
- Sydney to Cairns from $83 one way
- Melbourne to Cairns from $92 one way
- Darwin to Cairns from $99 one way
How do these prices compare?
At the moment you would have to go through a major airport such as Brisbane to make the journey.
The trip takes a minimum of 4 hours and 30 minutes with prices starting from as much as $257 one way (as compared on Skyscanner ).
The new trip saves you 1 hour and 40 minutes of travel time and the hassle of connecting between two flights, you beauty.
What's the catch?
- Flexibility: Good. If you need reassurance, you can add Jetstar's FareCredit to your airfare, valid for three years from purchase. The credit covers your fare and any extras you choose if you have to cancel. Additionally, all bookings with Jetstar vouchers will be returned if the flight is cancelled or affected by border restrictions.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is a budget airline aimed at getting you where you want to go for as cheap as possible. This means checked luggage, extra legroom and meals come at an additional cost.
- Travel time: Great. Don't worry about stressful transfer times with these direct flights.
- Weather: Great. April to September is the best time to visit Cairns. During the day in winter, the temperature rarely drops below 24℃. By travelling during this time you miss the Christmas crowds and high humidity while still enjoying the sun and all that Tropical North Queensland has to offer.