Jetstar flight review: Adelaide-Sydney
What happens when you fly home to Sydney on a Sunday night.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Being driven by price rather than loyalty, I split my trip to Adelaide between Virgin Australia and Jetstar.
On a Sunday evening, the low-cost carrier offered the cheapest price on a late-night flight that meant I could make the most of my day in Adelaide without overpaying to get home and back to work by Monday.
Duration: 1 hour, 55 minutes
Flight number: JQ769
Aircraft type: A320
Dates travelled: 3 March 2019
Frequent flyer program: None
Points earned: None
Stephanie Yip's Jetstar review ★★★★★
- Legroom: I felt quite comfortable with the legroom available.
- Timeliness: My flight left and arrived on time.
- No carry-on baggage check. I thought Jetstar would be strict with this, but they scanned the flight through without weighing anyone's carry-on luggage.
- Cost: For a Sunday night flight during the Clipsal 500 Adelaide, Jetstar offered the best price at a time that was convenient for me. I paid $199 for the 7:45pm peak flight.
What did I like?
- Legroom: For someone of my height (156cm) the A320 provides more than enough legroom to stretch out in. The story might be different for someone a foot taller though.
- Timeliness: No dramas here. The gates opened on time, the plane left on time and we touched down a few minutes early.
- Online check-in. Jetstar has an online check-in service that sends you your boarding pass via email or SMS for free. As I had no check-in luggage, this meant I could go straight to the security screening and was at my boarding gate within minutes of arriving at the airport.
- No carry-on baggage check. I'll admit, my bags were a little overweight (~700g over the 7kg limit), but luckily, Jetstar wasn't checking any bags, despite it being a full flight.
What didn't I like?
- Cost: This isn't a major dislike, but the cost wasn't too much cheaper than a full-service airline. If the flight time hadn't been preferable, I would have been happy to pay a touch more to get on a Virgin or Qantas flight. At $199 one way, it's quite a steep price compared to Jetstar sale fares, which can start from $66 each way. I did, however, book the flight a week prior, which no doubt brought the fare up even further.
Would I use Jetstar again?
Everything about my Jetstar flight ran smoothly, from check-in (which I did online via the app) to boarding and landing. So yes, I would fly with Jetstar again. Hopefully next time I'll be able to book a little earlier to nab a better deal though.
Jetstar flight deals and sales:
More guides on Finder
How to buy SPDR S-and-amp;P World ex Australia Hedged Fund units
Steps to owning and managing SPDR S and P World ex Australian (Hedged) Fund ETF units.
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Prime Day deal: $100 off Sony’s ‘Bose Killing’ Headphones
Get 33% off Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones during Amazon Prime Day 2021. Here's how to get the deal before it disappears.
How to get $120 off Nintendo Switch on Amazon Prime Day
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From Segways to stand-up paddleboards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Ask an Expert