Jetstar slashes prices from $89 on Gold Coast to Hobart route
Consider your summer holiday plans sorted.
Set your clocks! Jetstar's 24-hour sale kicks off at midday 7 October and we don't think you'll want to miss this.
From 1 December 2020, you and your travel buddies can once again take off between Hobart and the Gold Coast. Currently, this is the only service operating between the two cities.
So what's on offer? As a result of the borders reopening on 26 October, $89 one way airfares are on sale for the Tasmania-Queensland flight path.
The travel dates run between early December and June 2021. That's right, not only can you sort out the summer school holiday itinerary but also lock in a trip or two for next year.
Don't wait around, these tickets are only available until 12pm 8 October 2020 unless sold out prior. Head over to Skyscanner to nab this hot offer.
Over 1,200 seats are to become available for passengers per week as of 1 December 2020. Jetstar plans to increase other Hobart flights to destinations including Adelaide and Brisbane.
Fly with peace of mind
In times like these, you can never be too careful with travel bookings. Jetstar understands this and is offering a one-time free date change for new bookings made before 15 December 2020. Any vouchers issued due to COVID-19 can now be used across multiple future bookings.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. In the past we've seen Jetstar fares between Brisbane and Hobart drop to both $99 and $79 one way. These sale flights fall right in the middle, offering you great savings during tough travel times.
- Airline: Good. Jetstar is a low cost airline. So checked baggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are not included in your fares but can be added for an extra fee.
- Travel time: Great. Forget connection times because this flight runs direct between Queensland and Tasmania.
- Weather: Exceptional. Make the most of warm temperatures and minimal rainfall by booking fares to the Gold Coast between April and May. You'll also conveniently avoid the crowds.
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals