Jetset to Italy from $959 return with Etihad
Pizza, pasta, gelato and shopping. What more could you want in a holiday?
Craving a spontaneous European adventure? How about Italy in autumn? The temperature is nice and cool, the crowds have disappeared and you’ll find some of the best produce of the year in the markets.
From just $959 you can fly to Venice with 5-star airline Etihad Airways from either Melbourne or Sydney.
The cheapest travel dates are in November and early December, ideal for a last-minute getaway before the busy Christmas season.
These travel dates cover some big events in Italy including the Feast of Saint Cecilia and Roma Jazz Festival. From late November you’ll even be able to catch the start of the ski season in the Alps.
If these dates work for you and you can manage to wrangle some time off, then you'll need to get in quick. These discounted prices aren't attached to any particular sale so head over to Skyscanner to plug in your dates and grab your seat before it's gone.
Need some itinerary inspiration? Check out our list of the best places to visit in Italy, including the top things to see and do.
How good are these Etihad fares?
- Price: Great. A recent Etihad Airways sale had flights to Italy starting from $1,475, saving you up to $516 on already discounted fares. According to Skyscanner (see below) the typical price paid for a flight between Sydney and Venice is $1,700+ making this sale an absolute steal.
- Airline: Great. Etihad is a 5-star airline so you can rest assured knowing your checked-luggage, meals and entertainment are all included in your fare.
- Frequent flyer points: Etihad is partnered with Virgin Velocity which means you'll be able to earn 0.25 to 4 Velocity points per mile.
- Travel time: Good. All flights include a stopover in Abu Dhabi which you can extend using Etihad's stopover promo where you can stay in select premium hotels for two nights.
- Weather: Good. You've only got a couple of months to work here with but if you're looking for a last-minute break this could be just the ticket.