Jet off to the USA with Air New Zealand from $836 return
Escape to California and experience the West Coast on the cheap.
Air New Zealand is doing what it does best and slinging super cheap fares to North America in its latest sale. From old favourites like Los Angeles and San Francisco to Houston and Chicago with some discounted fares to Vancouver thrown in for good measure.
Fares start from $897 return when booking with Air New Zealand with the cheapest tickets available from the Gold Coast and flying to Los Angeles or San Francisco.
However, we found that booking through Aunt Betty saves you even more – the Gold Coast to Los Angeles fares are just $836 return.
Plus, if you haven't booked through Aunt Betty before, you can score a further $30 off your fare.
Here are more discounted fares to Los Angeles we found in this sale when booking with Aunt Betty:
- Gold Coast from $836 return (compared to $897 through Air New Zealand)
- Melbourne from $847 return (compared to $910 through Air New Zealand)
- Sydney from $865 return (compared to $929 through Air New Zealand)
Other highlights include discounted flights to Houston, Chicago and Vancouver, Canada.
Travel is for select dates between 19 January and 18 June 2020 so you might be able to travel over the Australia Day long weekend and save yourself one annual leave day.
Ready to book? Head over to Aunt Betty to pick out your ideal dates. You'll need to hurry, though. You've only got until 20 September to grab your seat.
How good are these Air New Zealand fares?
- Price: Great. Any time flights to North America dip under $900 return, you know you're on to a winner.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is a full-service airline so you can rest assured your checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included with your ticket. It was also named the second-best airline in the region right behind Qantas at this year's Skytrax Airline Awards.
- Frequent Flyer Points: You can earn Air New Zealand Airpoints with your flights.
- Travel time: Good. While airlines like Qantas and Virgin have more direct connections, you're likely to have a stopover in Auckland.
- Weather: Great. Spring is one of the best times to visit North America when there are fewer crowds and the temperature is mild. Consult our Best Time guide for help picking the best months based on your destination.
- 5 cheapest places to visit when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now