Looking to explore the great outdoors? Compare your Jayco finance options now.
Jayco Australia is a caravan and camping manufacturer that was founded by Gerry Ryan in 1975. It's the leading Australian recreational vehicle (RV) maker, having produced over 200,000 vehicles since 1975 and currently employs over 1,100 people.
Jayco models available in Australia
Jayco sells a large range of RVs, including camper trailers, motorhomes, caravans and campervans. These include:
- Jayco Swan camper trailer
- Jayco Swift camper trailer
- Jayco Freedom caravan
- Jayco Journey caravan
- Jayco Silverline caravan
- Jayco FD.19-1 campervan
- Jayco MS.22-2 campervan
- Jayco Conquest motorhome
- Jayco Conquest DX
- Jayco Optimum
How much does it cost to buy and run a Jayco?
The purchase prices of popular 2019 Jayco models are as follows:
- 2019 Jayco Swan: $26,990
- 2019 Jayco Swift: $18,690
- 2019 Jayco Freedom: $43,990
- 2019 Jayco Silverline: $76,990
- 2019 Jayco Conquest: $104,990
- 2019 Jayco Optimum: $231,990
Compare loans you can use to purchase a Jayco
Other costs to consider
- Maintenance and repairs. Like a car, you'll be required to cover cost of any repairs and servicing. It's important to keep your vehicle in good condition to minimise the need for expensive maintenance or repairs in future.
- Registration. Whether you choose a caravan, camper trailer, caravan or motorhome, you'll be required to register it. Registration costs vary by the type of vehicle you want to register and the state or territory you need to register it in.
- Insurance. As with any other vehicle, you're legally required to purchase compulsory third party (CTP) insurance to use your RV. There are optional insurance products available that can also cover theft, fire or any accidental damage. The cost of these policies will vary depending on your risk profile, which is determined by factors such as your age, gender and driving history.
- Stamp duty. You aren't required to pay stamp duty on caravans or camper trailers in Australia. However, you will need to pay duty on a campervan or motorhome: the cost of the duty will vary by state or territory.
- Optional extras. The listed prices of RVs will generally not include any additional features, such as solar panels or generators. If you wish to add extras to your vehicle, you'll need to factor in the additional costs.
- Cost of finance. If you're looking to finance your Jayco using a car loan or other form of finance, you'll also need to consider the cost of the loan.
What types of Jayco financing options are available?
- Secured loan. A type of personal loan that uses the vehicle as security against the loan. You'll generally receive a lower rate than on an unsecured loan, but the lender may take ownership of your vehicle if you fail to repay the loan.
- Unsecured loan. You aren't required to use the vehicle as security on an unsecured loan, but you'll generally receive a higher rate than on a secured loan.
- Dealer finance. There are 29 Jayco dealers in Australia and many offer finance directly. You'll need to check with your local dealer to see if it can provide finance for your vehicle.
Factors to consider when financing your Jayco
There are a number of factors you should take into account before deciding on a finance option. These include:
- Interest rate. Your interest rate will determine the size of your loan repayments and the overall cost of your loan. You should also check the comparison rate to get a better idea of the true cost of a particular loan.
- Loan term. Most car loans are offered from one to seven years.
- Fees and charges. These can range for initial application or establishment fees, to ongoing service fees. You may also be charged for making additional repayments, paying your loan off early or breaking any conditions of the loan. Fees and charges are incorporated into the comparison rate, which you can then use to compare which loan product may be best suited to you.
- Repayments. Most finance options will require you to make regular repayments, generally on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis, depending on the lender.
- Loan amount. Most finance options will have minimum and maximum loan amounts, so you want to make sure a certain loan will allow you to borrow the amount you need.
What you'll need to apply for a Jayco loan
This will vary slightly depending on the type of finance you choose. However, you'll generally need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for a loan:
- You're at least 18 years old
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You're currently employed or earning a reliable income
As part of your application process, you'll generally also be asked to provide the following:
- Proof of residence
- Proof of employment
- Additional financial information such as your debts, assets and other liabilities
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.49% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 6.99% p.a.
Apply for a loan from $5,000 to finance a new or used car. Flexible repayments and options to finance a classic car.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees. Note: Product only available to residents of Victoria.
Ask an Expert