Jaxx Liberty cryptocurrency wallet – June 2021 review
Supported cryptocurrenciesWallets supported cryptocurrencies include:
How do I set up Jaxx Liberty wallet?
Jaxx Liberty is the updated fully-featured version of the Jaxx multi-currency wallet. It turns Jaxx from a straightforward cryptocurrency wallet into a complete ecosystem, with a news feed, additional customisation options, built-in block explorer and more.
Other than creating a new wallet, you can also migrate or pair an existing wallet with Jaxx Liberty.
How to create a new Jaxx Liberty wallet
The steps for setting up your Jaxx Liberty wallet will be similar whether you're setting it up for the first time, or migrating your Jaxx wallet to Jaxx Liberty.
To get a new Jaxx Liberty wallet:
- Download the application. There's an app for iOs and Android, downloads for Windows, Linux and OS X, and a browser extension for Chrome.
- Run the program and click "create new wallet", then review the terms and conditions.
- Once you accept the terms and conditions you'll find yourself on the home screen.
How to migrate an existing wallet to Jaxx Liberty
To migrate an existing wallet to Jaxx Liberty:
- Download and run the application.
- Select "pair/restore wallet" instead of "create new wallet" on the starting screen.
- Choose "enter backup phrase" if you want to enter the 12 word backup phrase of the other wallet, or tap the camera icon if you want to scan a QR code.
If you've already downloaded and run Jaxx Liberty, you can find the same "pair/restore wallet" options in the menu.
How do I use Jaxx Liberty?
Where to get Jaxx Liberty in Australia
Download Jaxx Liberty for free from app stores, the Chrome web store or on the Jaxx website.
How secure is Jaxx Liberty?
- Software wallet. Jaxx is a software wallet, and so doesn't offer the same level of security against remote hacking as hardware wallets do. But you may be able to use certain hardware wallets in combination with Jaxx for added security.
- Password protection. You can set up a password to protect the contents of your wallet. If you choose, you will be asked for the password before performing sensitive functions such as ShapeShifting or sending a transaction.
- Locally-stored private keys. Your private keys and backup phrases are only stored on your device. Jaxx does not have any access to them, and is not able to freeze or tamper with your digital assets in any way.
- Backup restoration. You can back up your private keys or restore them on a newly downloaded Jaxx Liberty wallet, or another device, through the use of a standard 12 word seed phrase.
What else do I need to know about Jaxx Liberty?
Jaxx Liberty is the updated variant of the Jaxx wallet.
It's the flagship wallet of Decentral, a blockchain hub created by Ethereum co-founder Anthony Di Orio.
According to Decentral, the Jaxx wallet has been downloaded more than one million times.
In a nutshell
- Full-featured. Jaxx Liberty has a more complete range of features than almost any other wallet.
- Multi-currency support. Jaxx Liberty supports more than 85 cryptocurrencies.
- Customer service. Jaxx Liberty is one of the few free web wallets to come with 24/7 customer support.
- Tried and tested. Jaxx is one of cryptocurrency's most-downloaded wallets.
- Missing some cryptocurrencies. Jaxx Liberty supports 85+ cryptocurrencies, but it's still missing support for a lot of the most popular ones such as XRP, XLM, XMR and others.
- Cannot receive mining or faucet rewards. The complexity of the Jaxx's features means it's not suitable for receiving frequent, ongoing incoming payments.