5 sites to book unforgettable Japan ski holidays
Make your dream of skiing or snowboarding in Japan a reality.
Heralded for producing enviable dry powder, high annual snowfalls, and terrain ranging from wide-open bowls to tree lined runs (not to mention extensive terrain parks), Japan is a dream destination for skiers and snowboarders around the world.
Ski resorts can be found all over the country, from the main island of Honshu to Hokkaido in the north. Many of these resorts are interlinked so you can experience it all.
So if you’re keen to hit the slopes, these companies can help you carve out the perfect Japanese ski holiday.
Where to book the ultimate Japan ski holidays
1. Flight Centre
One of Australia’s biggest travel agencies, Flight Centre offers a huge selection of Japanese ski holiday packages online.
There’s something for every budget, from basic accommodation and lift-pass packages to all-inclusive holidays including breakfasts, accommodations, tours and lift-pass options. Packages tend to be based on twin-share, so convince a mate and you’re good to
- Package dates available during high and shoulder seasons
- Flights, tours, travel insurance and car hire can also be organised by Flight Centre
- Wide range of ski holiday locations throughout Japan
Go to Flight Centre website
View coupon code for Flight Centre
No stranger to bargain snow trips, Groupon is a popular daily-deals site that constantly features domestic and international travel bargains.
Something to keep in mind with Groupon is that deals are often available for a limited time or for a limited number of purchases – so keep an eye out because you never know what Japanese snow trip you might snap up on the cheap!
- Negotiated daily deals you might not find anywhere else
- Packages can include transfers, accommodation, lift passes and tours
- Various price options may be available depending on season
Go to Groupon website
View coupon code for Groupon
3. STA Travel
With dedicated prices for youths, students and teachers, STA can help you shred that sweet Japanese powder on a super sweet budget.
Ski package offerings are spread across three of the most popular resorts in Japan – Niseko, Hakuba and Nozawa Onsen – and typically include everything from transfers and accommodation to lift passes and meals.
- STA can also help organise cheap flights, rail passes and tours
- Packages start from as few as three days
- Travel with like-minded and similar-aged snow sport enthusiasts
Go to STA Travel website
View coupon code for STA Travel
A favourite with young travellers, Topdeck prides itself in offering fun and adventurous trips for 18–39-year-olds.
Topdeck’s Japanese trips include a mix of cultural and active tours. For those who like their independence, Topdeck ski tours give travellers the freedom to explore the resort and hit the slopes whenever they like.
- Ideal for 18–39-year-olds
- Packages include transfers, accommodation, lift passes and some meals
- Tours are weekly throughout the Japanese snow season
Go to Topdeck website
View coupon code for Topdeck
This TripAdvisor company is one of the world’s leading resources for researching and booking tours worldwide.
Choose from a wide variety of day and multi-day snow trips throughout Japan. On top of popular snow sport packages, which can include shuttles, lift passes and equipment hire, Viator also offers activities like snowshoeing and hiking tours through beautif
- Ski holiday day tours for the time-poor
- Low price guarantee or Viator will refund the difference
- Read reviews of each tour on the Viator site
- Snow tours available from Tokyo or Osaka
Go to Viator website
View coupon code for Viator
Top Japan ski holiday package deals
Japan flights from $391 return
Valid on select AirAsia flights Sample fares include Melbourne-Osaka for $391 return from November to December, Gold Coast-Tokyo for $448 return from March to April.
Feature image: Topdeck/TourRadar