5 sites to book unforgettable Japan ski holidays
Make your dream of skiing or snowboarding in Japan a reality.
Heralded for producing enviable dry powder, high annual snowfalls, and terrain ranging from wide-open bowls to tree lined runs (not to mention extensive terrain parks), Japan is a dream destination for skiers and snowboarders around the world.
Ski resorts can be found all over the country, from the main island of Honshu to Hokkaido in the north. Many of these resorts are interlinked so you can experience it all.
So if you’re keen to hit the slopes, these companies can help you carve out the perfect Japanese ski holiday.
Where to book the ultimate Japan ski holidays
1. Flight Centre
One of Australia's biggest travel agencies, Flight Centre offers a huge selection of Japanese ski holiday packages online.
There's something for every budget, from basic accommodation and lift-pass packages to all-inclusive holidays including breakfasts, accommodations, tours and lift-pass options. Packages tend to be based on twin-share, so convince a mate and you're good to go.
- Package dates available during high and shoulder seasons
- Flights, tours, travel insurance and car hire can also be organised by Flight Centre
- Wide range of ski holiday locations throughout Japan
No stranger to bargain snow trips, Groupon is a popular daily-deals site that constantly features domestic and international travel bargains.
Something to keep in mind with Groupon is that deals are often available for a limited time or for a limited number of purchases – so keep an eye out because you never know what Japanese snow trip you might snap up on the cheap!
- Negotiated daily deals you might not find anywhere else
- Packages can include transfers, accommodation, lift passes and tours
- Various price options may be available depending on season
A favourite with young travellers, Topdeck prides itself in offering fun and adventurous trips for 18–39-year-olds.
Topdeck's Japanese trips include a mix of cultural and active tours. For those who like their independence, Topdeck ski tours give travellers the freedom to explore the resort and hit the slopes whenever they like.
- Ideal for 18–39-year-olds
- Packages include transfers, accommodation, lift passes and some meals
- Tours are weekly throughout the Japanese snow season
This TripAdvisor company is one of the world's leading resources for researching and booking tours worldwide.
Choose from a wide variety of day and multi-day snow trips throughout Japan. On top of popular snow sport packages, which can include shuttles, lift passes and equipment hire, Viator also offers activities like snowshoeing and hiking tours.
- Ski holiday day tours for the time-poor
- Low price guarantee or Viator will refund the difference
- Read reviews of each tour on the Viator site
- Snow tours available from Tokyo or Osaka
Collating some of the best tour companies and their tour offers in one place, you can compare and contrast tour options to uncover the one to suit you.
TourRadar puts all tour packages in one nifty place so you won't have to keep searching. Occasionally it also offers exclusive deals you won't find anywhere else - even on the tour company's websites.
- Collects tours from Topdeck, On The Go Tours, Bamba Experience and more
- Savings of up to 20% off on ski and snow packages
- Check availability and book instantly online
Top Japan ski holiday package deals
Popular Travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|23 Sep 2020||Extra 10% off Australia activities with code||RBF****|
|15 Sep 2020||$20 off Australia rentals||FIN****|
|19 Aug 2020||Extra $10 off site-wide with code||FDR****|
|5 Aug 2020||Extra 8% off on hotel bookings||CLP****|
|29 Jul 2020||Get $20 credit||FIN****|
Popular Ski/Snow Holidays coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|9 Jul 2020||Up to 51% off ski and snowboard hire credit in Jindabyne||********|
|29 Jun 2020||Up to 16% off winter escapes||********|
|9 Jun 2020||Mount Hotham accommodation from $127||********|
|17 Mar 2020||Up to 43% off things to do in South Korea||********|
|3 Aug 2020||Ski and snowboarding experiences from $40||********|
Feature image: Topdeck/TourRadar
Ask an Expert