Flight deals to Jamaica
Discover the best flight deals to Jamaica from across Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Jamaica is a desirable Anglophone alternative to its popular neighbours, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. It also happens to have stunning landscapes, lush rainforests and tropical white sand beaches. Celebrated birthplace of reggae and Bob Marley, Jamaica let visitors see the legend’s former home, which is now the Bob Marley museum. Other popular experiences are night swimming at the Luminous Lagoon, visiting a coffee plantation and embracing the diet of local Creole-inspired delicacies and tropical fruit.
You’re going to have to be flexible to get a good flight deal to Jamaica, but a holiday here is sure to be rewarding.
See our latest flight deals to Jamaica
Jamaica flight times
- From Sydney: 24 hrs 50 mins +
- From Melbourne: 28 hrs 15 mins +
- From Perth: 36 hrs 20 mins +
- From Brisbane: 31 hrs 20 mins +
Airlines that fly to Jamaica
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
Jamaica insider flight tips
- Be flexible. From Australia, the most reasonable flight times are generally via the United States to Sir Donald Sangster International, the airport for the resort area of Montego Bay. You can also fly into Kingston, Jamaica’s capital city, by landing at Manley International Airport, but the route is less direct and the journey time is significantly longer unless you’re flying from Perth.
- Like most of the Caribbean, Jamaica is not the easiest place to get to from Australia, so you might want to incorporate a couple of nights’ layover in the United States. American Airlines offers weekly one-stop flights from Sydney to Montego Bay via Los Angeles (LAX) or Dallas (DFW). Otherwise, you are looking at two stops: LAX and Atlanta (ATL) if you fly with Delta or Vancouver (YVR) and Toronto (YYZ) with Air Canada.
- One option which could save you money is to book a return flight to the United States and then get separate return flights to Jamaica with a low-cost carrier. jetBlue and Spirit Airlines operate from airports across the United States and fly to both Kingston and Montego Bay. jetBlue flies via four airports on the East Coast and Spirit Airlines flies via Fort Lauderdale (FLL).
How to get from the airport
Sangster International (MBJ) is the airport for Montego Bay. Most resort and hotels in Jamaica offer airport transfers and they are often free. If not, transfers desks in Arrivals mean you can arrange a shuttle when you get there, although it is best to book online in advance to avoid queueing. You can also take a taxi from right outside the Arrivals terminal. They don’t come cheap, but they are readily available and convenient if you have a lot of baggage.
Norman Manley International Airport (KIN) is the airport for Kingston, Jamaica’s capital. Frequent bus number 98 is a cheap way of getting to the city. Alternatively, see if your hotel offers airport transfers as they are sometimes free. Taxis are also available but, again, they are not a cheap option unless you’re splitting the fare with a group of people.
Jamaica is not exactly easy to get around due to lack of public transport and less-than-excellent road quality. Major car rental companies have desks in the Ground Transportation and Arrivals Hall after exiting customs. Driving is not advised in Jamaica and speed limits are largely ignored by other drivers, although Aussies will be pleased to know that they drive on the left. You can fly between Kingston and Montego Bay in only half an hour, or you can travel by boat.
More guides on Finder
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Best power banks in Australia 2020
We searched through customer and professional reviews to find the best of the best power banks in Australia.
CheapOair Black Friday deals in 2021
Score cheap flights locally and internationally with CheapOair's Black Friday deals.
Qantas: Why ultra-long-haul is still the future
Airlines can survive coronavirus by pivoting to longer flights, as Linus Bauer from the University of London explains.
Jetstar flight review: What’s flying like during the pandemic?
The flight was cheap. The Queensland border was still open. What happened?
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Take a sneak peek at Click Frenzy’s local travel deals 2020
Here's a small look into the hundreds of deals dropping at 7pm on 17 March 2020.
The leap year travel deals you can’t miss
We've rounded up the best travel deals on offer this leap year.
How I got into the Qantas First Lounge with a Jetstar domestic flight
Experiencing Qantas' best lounge without leaving the country.
Ask an Expert