It’s true, Cebu Pacific has $149 flights to the Philippines at the moment
If you're searching for a cheap break, we've just found it.
Filipino budget carrier Cebu Pacific is gearing up for its first flights between Melbourne and Manila in August with a sale on launch fares that's not to be missed.
Starting at $149 each way, flights are direct and include 7 kg of luggage. If you need more you can tack it on at up to 50% off during the booking process.
Flights are available from 14 August 2018 through to 30 March 2019 and with no exclusion dates in the terms and conditions, there's bound to be a few Christmas holiday break dates in there that you can snatch up for cheap.
The good news is that by end October, one of the world's best islands Boracay will be back open so you can hop over during your trip.
The cheapest fares at the moment are on initial flights with 16-28 August pulling up return fares from $250 on Skyscanner.
If you're flying in from Sydney, you can also catch discounted direct fares with the airline from $199 on journeys from 1 September to 31 December 2018. Again, this includes those hot Christmas peak dates.
This sale ends 20 June 2018 unless seats sell out prior. You can compare your options, choose your dates and make your bookings through Flight Finder here.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Good. According to Skyscanner, these are the cheapest flights to Manila at the moment. They're slightly more expensive than the $109 launch fares advertised earlier this year but with a wider variety of dates, including peak school holidays, the extra cost could be well worth it.
- Travel time: Great. Flights are direct and are the fastest way to Manila from Sydney and Melbourne.
- Airline: Budget. Cebu Pacific is a low-cost carrier and checked luggage, meals and entertainment cost extra. Check out our review of the Sydney-Manila leg for more details.
- Weather: Great. Monsoon season hits the Philippines between June and September so as long as you book October-May travel dates with this sale you'll be pretty much set for a sunny holiday.
Manila flights on sale with Cebu Pacific:
|14 August 2018 - 30 March 2019||Compare flights with Flight Finder|
1 September - 31 December 2018
|Compare flights with Flight Finder|
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?