iTrek is a low cost travel insurance provider with policies that cover more adventurous holiday activities including bungee jumping & abseiling.
As part of the 1Cover family who have over a decade of experience helping over 1 million fellow Aussie travellers just like yourself, iTrek Travel Insurance understand that travel insurance should be easy and simple. With their budget-conscious, helpful online service provided by real Australians who are just as fanatic about travelling as you are, you can focus on living in the moment, knowing that you’re safely protected in the hands of a team who understand the ins and outs of travel.
Although a simplified cover option, The iTrek Trekker policy still offers a range of excellent cover options to travellers including unlimited medical cover and cancellation cover up to $10,000. iTrek describes the Trekker policy as "A good mid-level cover for those who want just a little bit more." Read on to learn what exactly the Trekker policy covers and if it is the right option for your next getaway.
What is Covered by iTrek Trekker Travel Insurance
Perfect for those who have a penchant for adventure but aren’t extreme daredevils, the iTrek Trekker Travel Insurance policy offers a comfortable mix of unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital cover, along with:
- Up to $10,000 (or $20,000 for families) for additional accommodation and travel expenses caused by:
- Injury or illness
- Weather or natural disasters
- Loss of travel documents
- Disaster back home while you’re travelling
- Up to $5,000 ($10,000 for families) for hospital cash allowance of $50 per day if you stay in hospital for more than 48 hours
- Up to $10,000 ($20,000 for families) for cancellation fees and lost deposits so you’re not left out of pocket if your pre-paid travel arrangements unexpectedly fall through because of things such as:
- Natural disasters
- Up to $1 million for personal liability to cover your legal expenses if a claim is made against you because you caused injury to another party or damaged their property.
Why Choose iTrek Travel Insurance
Whatever destination you choose to jet to and explore, there’s no denying that travelling is a deeply personal experience. So why not choose a travel insurance provider with an equally personal protection?
iTrek Travel Insurance understand that 24/7 dedicated customer service is critical when offering protection to travellers abroad, and offer you the same level of attention and care to protect you with their travel insurance plans.
Whether that means offering an extended period of cover of 18 months, providing highly competitive prices by operating online, covering you for more extreme activities such as bungee jumping, a quick and easy application and claims process or access to their 24/7 emergency assistance service, iTrek Travel Insurance has taken the right steps to ensure their customers feel secure that they will receive the right support when needed if they run into trouble abroad.
iTrek Trekker Benefits Overview
|Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas Emergency Medical and Hospital Expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Additional Accommodation and Travel Expenses||$10,000||$20,000|
|Hospital Cash Allowance||$5,000||$10,000|
|Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits||$10,000||$20,000|
|Personal Liability||$1 million||$1 million|
iTrek Pre-existing Medical Conditions
Like the destinations that travellers choose, our health conditions can vary far and wide. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, it is extremely important that you find out if it is covered under your iTrek Travel Insurance. If it is not covered and you require emergency medical assistance while travelling for this condition, you won’t be able to claim under your iTrek Travel Insurance Policy, causing you undue stress and leaving you to foot the often extremely expensive bills.
Your condition could be considered a pre-existing medical condition if it is:
- An ongoing medical/dental condition or symptoms that you are aware of;
- A medical/dental condition that you are currently treating or has been treated by a health professional at any time;
- A condition that you take prescribed medicine for;
- A condition that you have had surgery for;
- A condition that you see a medical specialist for; or
To see if your medical condition is automatically covered in your iTrek Trekker Travel Insurance Policy, read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
iTrek Trekker Travel Insurance General Exclusions
Of course, while iTrek Travel Insurance will do everything possible to protect you from a wide variety of scenarios, there are just some things that they can’t cover.
Under the following cases, your claim to iTrek Travel Insurance will not be approved:
- If you were simply reckless and behaved irresponsibly or illegally
- If you are not an Australian resident
- If you don’t intend on returning to Australia after your journey
- If you were riding a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle licence
- If you travelled against the Australian Government’s DO NOT TRAVEL warnings
- If you’re claiming because of any acts of war
Each and every traveller have their own personal sense of adventure, so it’s important to be aware of all possible exclusions before you purchase your iTrek Trekker Travel Insurance. You can avoid any nasty surprises for your claim by reading the full Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Apply for iTrek Travel Insurance
If the cover provided through the iTrek Travel Insurance policy sounds like a good fit for your next trip away, you can learn more about the policy and purchase cover securely on the iTrek travel insurance website. The application process shouldn't take longer that 15 minutes and you will be emailed a copy of your insurance certificate once your payment is approved. Finder.com.au always recommends that your read through the product disclosure statement prior to purchasing cover to ensure you know exactly what you will and will not be covered for and to be clear on the policy terms and conditions.