Looking for affordable straightforward cover while on holiday? iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance could be the policy for you.
iTrek provides four levels of cover, from Comprehensive, the most comprehensive, to Medical Only, which offers essential cover without the frills. If you don’t have stacks of expensive belongings, or lots of pre-paid bookings to protect, then iTrek Medical Only insurance could offer an adequate level of protection at a great rate.
While it doesn’t provide any luggage or trip cancellation cover, Medical Only does provide unlimited medical and hospital cover (an essential element) plus the option to cover yourself for a range of adventurous activities, if that’s part of what you plan to do. And with iTrek, you can get coverage for up to 24 months , which means all the time in the world to enjoy your experience.
iTrek travel insurance is offered under 1Cover Travel Insurance Group and the reason they can afford to keep prices down is because they operate solely online.
What is covered by iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance?
iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance is great cover for the budget-conscious traveller, because it covers you for the essentials only. It provides cover in the following areas:
- $5,000,000 overseas emergency medical assistance and hospital expenses cover
- Overseas emergency dental expenses up to $500
- Personal liability cover of $1 million, which covers legal liability expenses in relation to death, injury, loss or property damage
- $15,000 Local Funeral Expenses
Why choose iTrek travel insurance?
iTrek travel insurance is a popular form of insurance for Australian travellers and it’s not hard to see why when you look at all the benefits it offers:
- Cheaper cover – lower premiums due to essential cover without the frills and lower overheads because iTrek operates solely online.
- Easy application and claims process – because you apply online, you can be covered in under five minutes and some claims can be settled with just one phone call.
- Longer cover – iTrek gives you the option of cover for up to 24 months , so you can go further and do more, while still being fully covered.
iTrek benefits comparison
As you will see in this comparison of the four iTrek travel insurance policies (Long Term, Comprehensive, Essentials and Medical Only), Long Term and Comprehensive policies provide the most comprehensive cover, while Medical Only offers the least cover at a cheaper price. The following is a comparison between all four policies in terms of what is covered
|Feature||1. Long Term||2. Comprehensive||3. Essentials||4. Medical Only|
|Overseas emergency medical assistance|
|Medical Transport & Repatriation|
|24 Hours Emergency Assistance|
|Local Funeral Expenses/Repatriation of Remains|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses|
|Treatment by Chiropractor & Physiotherapist|
|Hospital Cash Allowance|
|Credit Card Fraud & Replacement|
|Theft Of Cash|
|Luggage & Personal Items|
|Cancellation Fees & Lost Deposits|
|Resumption of Journey|
|Disruption to Your Journey|
|Alternative Transport Expenses|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess|
|Kidnap & Hijack|
iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance general exclusions
Exclusions are circumstances in which insurers will not honour a claim and like pre-existing conditions, they are listed in the Product Disclosure Statement. In the case of iTrek travel insurance, circumstances in which cover will be voided include:
- If you fail to act responsibly in protecting yourself and your property
- If you fail to do everything you can to reduce your loss
- If you are not a resident of Australia
- If you are claiming for what is known as a ‘consequential loss’, such as loss of enjoyment
- If you are claiming for losses incurred because of carrier or provider insolvency
- If your loss is recoverable through some other means, such as compensation
- If your loss is a result of failure to obtain the right travel documents
- If you break the law or any government regulations, including visa requirements
- If you are claiming for something that has been destroyed or confiscated by a government body
- If you are claiming for a motorcycle accident and you don’t have a current Australian motorcycle licence
- If your claim is due to an epidemic or pandemic
- If you ignored a government warning not to travel
- If your claim is related to an act of war, military coup or insurrection
- If your claim is nuclear-related
- If your claim is related to biological or chemical warfare or terrorism
- If your claim involves pregnancy or childbirth complications
- If your claim relates to suicide or attempted suicide
- If you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- If your claim is in regard to the hospitalisation or death of any person over the age of 85 years
- If you scuba dive when not accompanied by a licensed instructor or without an Australian diving licence
- If you travel aboard an airborne craft, other than a licensed passenger aircraft.
Apply for iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance
iTrek Medical Only Travel Insurance is perfect for those planning an extended overseas trip who know they need insurance, but don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for it. With essential medical and hospital cover, legal liability cover and additional cover available for a range of outdoor activities, it’s the ideal form of travel insurance for the young and young at heart.