If you're off on an adventure protect yourself while saving with iTrek Discount Codes and Coupons
It is always a smart move to take out travel insurance when going on a trip. It provides peace of mind knowing that you are financially protected if you become ill or injured or suffer an unexpected loss.
iTrek specialises in providing insurance for travellers rather than tourists, offering value for money policies with varying levels of cover. They are designed for those who aspire to the road less travelled and want experiences outside the normal tourist offerings and this guide looks at the types of cover provided and the many advantages (and few disadvantages) of insuring with iTrek Discount Code.
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
What policies are available from iTrek?
iTrek Travel Insurance offers a tiered system of coverage levels. These include:
- Wanderer – iTrek’s most affordable travel insurance. It includes overseas emergency medical assistance, medical and hospital expenses, additional accommodation, travel expenses and family emergency coverage, a hospital cash allowance and personal liability insurance.
- Trekker – all the benefits of the Wanderer package plus cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits. The benefit limit for additional accommodation, travel expenses and family emergencies coverage is also increased.
- Adventurer – all the benefits of the Trekker package plus luggage and personal effects coverage and increased limits for cancellation fees and personal liability.
- Pioneer – the ultimate in comprehensive cover, with all the benefits of the Adventurer package plus return airfare, resumption of journey, travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques, theft of cash, luggage and personal effects delay expenses, travel delay expenses and alternate transport coverage. The benefit limit is also higher for cancellation fees and lost deposits and personal liability.
Pros and Cons of iTrek
There are plenty of great reasons to insure your travels with iTrek including:
- Four easy to understand and cost effective insurance packages tailored to suit every price range
- The choice of both single and family cover
- The backing of Allianz Global Assistance, which provides 24/7 emergency assistance across the world
- A simplified claims process, often requiring just a single phone call
- Longer cover, with some policies offering up to 18 months cover
- The option to cover a range of activities, from abseiling to scuba diving, camel riding to hot air ballooning
- Excesses apply, unless you choose the option to remove them
- Depreciation will be applied to all claims made regarding luggage and personal effects
- No annual policy
How do I apply for iTrek travel insurance?
Once you have read and compared the policies and coverage levels available and determined the best cover for your situation, you can either call iTrek direct to speak to a travel consultant on 1300 884 430, or you can obtain a quote online by entering the required fields in the featured box on their home page, including:
- The places you’re planning to visit
- The travel dates
- The ages of adults travelling with you
- Whether there are any dependants travelling
Then just click on the Get Quote button to see the estimated cost of your premium. It is recommended that you also read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before purchasing your insurance.
How do I make a claim with iTrek?
The iTrek claims process is equally straightforward. To ensure you receive everything you are entitled to, you should notify iTrek of your intention to claim as soon as possible, lodge your claim within 30 days of returning to Australia and make sure you fill the claim form out fully and attach any required supporting documentation.
Thanks to the Allianz First Call Resolution system, many claims can be resolved in one phone call, so if your claim is only a small one, it may pay to call first, as your benefit could be paid out almost instantly without having to do any paperwork.
Q: How long does it take to apply for cover?
- A: It can be done over the phone or via the internet in just a few minutes with a Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Q: What if I don't have a credit card?
- A: You can pay by direct deposit, cheque, bank cheque, Australia Post money order or PayPal account. Simply contact the sales department beforehand on 1300 884 430.
Q: Can I buy my policy if I've already left Australia?
- A: No, you must be in Australia to purchase iTrek insurance.
Q: How much is the excess on all policies?
- A: There is a non-removable excess of $250 for Wanderer policies and a $100 excess on all other policies, which can be removed by paying an extra $25.
Q: What is a dependant?
- A: A dependant is your child or grandchild who is not in full time employment, and who is under the age of 21.
Q: Do you cover rental vehicle excess?
- A: No, iTrek doesn’t provide cover for the excess payable for hire cars.
Q: What sporting activities are not covered?
- A: Hunting, racing (other than on foot), engaging in Open Water Sailing, playing polo, mountaineering or rock climbing using ropes or climbing equipment, parachuting, hang gliding, professional sports of any kind and scuba diving (unless you hold a licence or are with a licenced instructor).
Q: Am I covered if I travel to a country which has government warnings against it?
- A: We will not provide cover if you travel to a country that is listed on smartraveller.com.au as ‘do not travel’. If the country changes to ‘do not travel’ during your journey however, we will provide cover for you to be brought home.
Q: Can I cancel my iTrek policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A: If you decide that you do not want your iTrek policy for any reason, you can cancel it within 14 days of being issued your Certificate of Insurance and Product Disclosure Statement. You will be given a full refund of the premium you have paid, as long as you have not commenced your journey and do not want to make a claim or exercise any other right under the policy. You can still cancel your policy at any time after the 14-day cooling off period, but iTrek will not refund any part of your premium.