iTrek travel insurance promo code January 2021
If you're off on an adventure protect yourself while saving with iTrek discount codes and coupons.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
It is always a smart move to take out travel insurance when going on a trip. It provides peace of mind knowing that you are financially protected if you become ill or injured or suffer an unexpected loss.
iTrek specialises in providing insurance for travellers rather than tourists, offering value for money policies with varying levels of cover. They are designed for those who aspire to the road less travelled and want experiences outside the normal tourist offerings and this guide looks at the types of cover provided and the many advantages (and few disadvantages) of insuring with iTrek Discount Code.
Other deals available on finder.com.au
Popular Travel Insurance Deals - Coupons coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Jan 2021||Get 25% Off World2Cover Travel Insurance||WW2****|
|4 Jan 2021||Save 5% on your travel insurance when you buy a duo policy with Fastcover||********|
What policies are available from iTrek?
iTrek Travel Insurance offers a tiered system of coverage levels. These include:
- Medical Only. iTrek’s most affordable travel insurance. It includes overseas emergency medical assistance, medical and hospital expenses,dental expenses, local funeral expenses and personal liability insurance.
- Essentials. All the benefits of the Medical Only package plus cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits and other benefits.
- Comprehensive. This package is the ultimate in comprehensive coverage from itrek.
- Long Term Cover. The Long Term package includes the benefits of the comprehensive package. Available for travelers between the age of 18-49 and must have a valid visa for 24 months.
Pros and Cons of iTrek
There are plenty of great reasons to insure your travels with iTrek including:
- Four easy to understand and cost effective insurance packages tailored to suit every price range
- The choice of both single and family cover
- A simplified claims process, often requiring just a single phone call
- Longer cover, with some policies offering up to 24 months cover
- Excesses apply
- Depreciation will be applied to all claims made regarding luggage and personal effects
- No annual policy
How do I apply for iTrek travel insurance?
Once you have read and compared the policies and coverage levels available and determined the best cover for your situation, you can either call iTrek direct to speak to a travel consultant on 1300 884 430, or you can obtain a quote online by entering the required fields in the featured box on their home page, including:
- The places you’re planning to visit
- The travel dates
- The ages of adults travelling with you
- Whether there are any dependants travelling
Then just click on the Get Quote button to see the estimated cost of your premium. It is recommended that you also read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before purchasing your insurance.
Q: How long does it take to apply for cover?
- A: It can be done over the phone or via the internet in just a few minutes with a Visa or Mastercard credit card.
Q: What if I don't have a credit card?
- A: You can pay by direct deposit, cheque, bank cheque, Australia Post money order or PayPal account. Simply contact the sales department beforehand on 1300 884 430.
Q: Can I buy my policy if I've already left Australia?
- A: No, you must be in Australia to purchase iTrek insurance.
Q: How much is the excess on all policies?
- A: A standard excess of $200 applies. However, you can reduce the excess from $200 to $100.
Q: Do you cover rental vehicle excess?
- A: Yes, iTrek does provide cover for the excess payable for hire cars.
Q: Am I covered if I travel to a country which has government warnings against it?
- A: We will not provide cover if you travel to a country that is listed on smartraveller.com.au as ‘do not travel’. If the country changes to ‘do not travel’ during your journey however, we will provide cover for you to be brought home.
Q: Can I cancel my iTrek policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A: If you decide that you do not want your iTrek policy for any reason, you can cancel it within 14 days of being issued your Certificate of Insurance and Product Disclosure Statement. You will be given a full refund of the premium you have paid, as long as you have not commenced your journey and do not want to make a claim or exercise any other right under the policy. You can still cancel your policy at any time after the 14-day cooling off period, but iTrek will not refund any part of your premium.
More guides on Finder
Gifts Australia promo codes January 2021: Get up to 70% off instantly
Make Gifts Australia your go-to for great gifting ideas and solutions. Score a discount with one of these promo codes.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Granny flat insurance
Find the right granny flat insurance, whether you're renting yours out or you've moved into one.
Filippo Loreti discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Score 30% off instantly
Filippo Loreti has gorgeous looking on trend watches for men and women with something to suit every taste.
Hybrid car insurance comparison
Compare hybrid car insurance quotes.
Standalone vs bundled life insurance
Find out about standalone and bundled life insurance.
Washing machine insurance
No need to get in a spin – washing machine insurance has you and your clothes washer covered.
How to insure your iPad against theft, loss and accidental damage – including the dreaded cracked screen.
TVs are fragile, high-value items that can be insured in various ways. Learn more here.
Find out more about watch insurance and how to get cover.
Ask an Expert