IronFX : Trade more than 120 currency pairs
Trade more than 120 currency pairs across 10 trading platforms with IronFX
Disclaimer: CFDs and forex are complex financial products that come with a high risk of losing money. Most retail client accounts lose money trading CFDs and forex. Consider whether you can afford to lose your money.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Type of broker||Online|
|Available markets||80+ global currency pairings, commodities, cryptocurrency, index CFDs, stock CFDs, futures|
|Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies||0 pips|
|Leverage||1:1 - 500:1|
|Minimum opening balance||$50|
|Minimum Trade Size||0.01 Lots|
IronFX provides access to the following asset classes:
- Forex. You can trade more than 120 currency pairs, including majors, minors and even exotic currencies, with spreads starting from 0 pips. Thanks to the global nature of forex trading, you can buy and sell currency pairs 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, while IronFX gives you the flexibility to choose your own leverage, from 1:1 up to 1:500.
- Spot metals. By trading contracts for difference (CFDs) on precious and base metals, you can diversify your portfolio and take advantage of the only 1% margin required. Take advantage of IronFX’s best-of-market spreads and you can purchase CFDs in either USD or EUR.
- Spot indices. IronFX allows you to gain access to some of the major economies around the world by trading the current spot value of several benchmark indices. There are no commissions, tight spreads and the chance to access indices like the US 100, EU 50, GER 30, AUS 200 and more.
- Spot commodities. If you want to diversify your portfolio and trade spot commodities, IronFX allows you to take advantage of no commissions and tight spreads when you trade natural gas, brent crude oil, Bitcoin and more.
- Futures. IronFX also allows you to access the highly liquid futures market, offering low commissions and margin requirements to help you maximise profits. You can trade an equity index or any other futures instrument, including energy, commodities, base metal or currencies.
- Shares. IronFX allows its customers to trade shares through CFDs, letting you take “long” or “short” positions on shares without actually owning those shares.
Features of IronFX
IronFX customers can access 10 trading platforms to suit a range of trading needs. This allows you to trade on your PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet.
Safety of customer funds
All customer funds are held in segregated accounts that are fully separated from IronFX’s funds at all times. IronFX holds accounts with top-tier banks such as Westpac, Barclays and Santander.
Research and analysis
Account holders can access world-class research and analysis, provided every day by IronFX’s expert team. This includes fundamental and technical analyses, world economic news and important market announcements.
IronFX offers its customers the lowest spreads in the market and offers the flexibility of choosing your leverage, from 1:1 up to 1:500.
IronFX has automated the entire trading process to allow you to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. This means that trades are executed instantly, with no slippage and no re-quotes.
Dedicated account managers
IronFX provides a team of dedicated account managers to offer personalised service and advice whenever you need it. Customer support is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
IronFX looks after the online forex trading needs of people in more than 180 countries across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. The multi-award-winning provider offers funding via top-tier international banks and has helped more than one million customers since 2010.
What support/information is available with IronFX?
If you ever require assistance with a transaction, customer support is offered 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. This means you can access personalised help from a dedicated account manager whenever you need, while email customer support is also available.
If you’d like to access help online, the IronFX website contains the answers to a range of frequently asked questions.
Fees when using IronFX
The good news is that it’s free to sign up with IronFX and deposit funds into your account. However, there are two factors that you need to consider before you start trading forex online: the commission and the spread.
In many cases, there is no commission charged on IronFX trades. This includes if you have a Live Floating Spread or Live Fixed Spread Micro, Premium or VIP Account. An STP/ECN No Commission Account also doesn’t feature any commissions.
However, you will need to pay a commission if you trade using a Live Zero Fixed Spread Account or an STP/ECN Zero Spread Account. Commissions vary depending on the type of trade you place, but to give you an idea of the fees involved, the following commissions apply to the Live Zero Fixed Spread Account:
- $18/Lot on EUR/USD
- $18/Lot on USD/JPY
- $23/Lot on GBP/USD
- $23/Lot on USD/CAD
- $23/Lot on USD/CHF
- $23/Lot on EUR/GBP
- $23/Lot on AUD/USD
- $28/Lot on EUR/CHF
- $28/Lot on NZD/USD
- $28/Lot on EUR/JPY
- $43/Lot on GBP/CHF
- $43/Lot on GBP/JPY
Next, you need to consider the spread that applies to a forex trade. Spreads vary depending on the currency pair and the type of account you choose. The table below shows the different spreads that apply to Live Floating Spread Accounts.
Trade cryptocurrency with IronFX
IronFX brings its usual benefits and flexibility to bitcoin investing, offering tight spreads and zero commission fees when trading BTC:USD pairs.
You can go long and short on bitcoin to take advantage of movements in either direction. With a minimum order from 0.01 BTC there’s a relatively low barrier to entry.
Pros and cons of using IronFX
- 120+ currency pairs. IronFX customers can trade more than 120 currency pairs, including everything from major pairs to exotic options.
- Low spreads. IronFX offers best-of-market spreads from as low as 0 pips.
- 10 platforms. Simply by opening one account with IronFX, you can access 10 trading platforms and choose those that best meet your needs.
- Other trading options. Account holders can also trade more than 200 other financial instruments, including spot indices, spot commodities and shares.
- 24/5 help. Personalised customer support is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week from your dedicated account manager.
- More for experienced traders. IronFX is skewed more towards advanced traders than novice investors, so it may be too complex for those who don’t have an in-depth knowledge of online trading.
How do I apply for an IronFX account?
If you like the sound of the trading features offered by IronFX, click one of the “Apply Now” links on this page to be taken to the IronFX website. You can then choose the account type you want and begin the application process.
You will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your country of residence
- Your contact details
- A recent bank statement or utility bill (from the past six months) to prove your identity
All applications will be processed and assessed within 24 hours.
Frequently asked questions about IronFX
More guides on Finder
Xinja to launch $0 commission share trading platform Dabble
Xinja is set to be Australia’s first bank to offer $0 brokerage share trading. Here’s how it compares to the rest.
eToro launches zero brokerage share trading in Australia
Australian users of the popular app will be able to buy shares directly from this week.
ThinkMarkets review Australia: Forex, commodities and CFD broker
ThinkMarkets is a UK and Australia based forex and commodities broker that offers competitive fees and spreads plus advanced trading features.
AxiTrader review: Forex and commodities broker
Our overview of the fees, platform options, FX spreads and more when you use the AxiTrader forex and commodities trading platform.
Blueberry Markets review: ECN forex and CFD broker
Get low FX spreads and zero commissions when you trade global currencies, commodities and indices with one of Australia's best rated brokers.
Global currency, recession and Bitcoin, part 2: Creating a global reserve currency
How exactly is the US dollar's dominance contributing to recession, and how exactly can digital currency solve it?
IC Markets: Trade forex and CFDs with one of the world’s largest brokers
IC Markets offers tight forex spreads as low as 0.0 pips and fast execution under 40 milliseconds on average.
TorFX vs TransferWise
Compare TorFX and Transferwise on speed, cost and exchange rates to see who’s best for your next money transfer.
Review: Airwallex international money transfers for businesses
See how Airwallex does business money transfers differently and find out whether it can help you save money.
Review: RedRate foreign currency exchange
If you’re looking to purchase travel money, check out our review of the foreign currency exchange services offered by RedRate.
Ask an Expert