Access a growing list of markets and enjoy competitive brokerage fees when you trade shares using an Invast Share Trading Account
This product is no longer available for new applications.
Please refer to our share trading accounts comparison page for a list of other options.
Established in Japan in 1960, Invast has developed a reputation as a respected provider of trading solutions. Having expanded its operations to Sydney in 2013, Invast now helps customers from all over the globe.
Invast is one of the world’s largest online brokers and it allows you to trade indices, forex, commodities, bonds, direct market access (DMA) CFDs and direct ASX shares. If you’d like to start investing in shares, the Invast Share Trading Account offers fast processing of trades and brokerage fees starting from $19.90 per trade.
Other features of this account include the ability to trade from your iPhone and access to full market updates and analysis.
What can I trade with an Invast Share Trading Account?
An Invast Share Trading Account allows you to trade a wide range of investments listed on the ASX, including:
- Ordinary shares. Trade ASX-listed shares including mining giants like BHP Billiton and companies across an extensive range of industries and market sectors.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs). More than 90 ETFs are available on the ASX, allowing you to trade indices, commodities and more.
- Hybrid income securities. These exchange traded investments are usually issued by large listed companies, for example Australian banks.
- Government bonds. Australian Government Bonds offer a secure and steady income stream for those investors who like to minimise their risk.
Features of an Invast Share Trading Account
- Market data. The type of market data you can access depends on the information service level you select. For example, Silver customers can access 20-minute delayed data for free, Gold customers can access static live data for $10 per month, and Platinum customers can take advantage of live streaming prices for $55 a month.
- Research. Invast’s wide range of research resources includes user-friendly charting features, research reports and recommendations, weekly market analysis, daily trading strategies and more.
- Access. Trades can be placed online, over the phone and even from your smartphone. In terms of customer support options, 24-hour phone, email and live chat assistance are all offered.
- Order types. You can place at market, at limit and a range of conditional orders from your Invast Share Trading Account. In addition, conditional orders do not attract any extra fee.
- Available shares. The ASX offers more than 2,000 listed companies which you can invest in through your Invast Share Trading account.
What support/information is available with an Invast Share Trading Account?
If you need assistance with your account, with a particular trade or any other aspect of investing in shares, Invast offers customer support through its 24-hour helpdesk. Phone, email and live chat support are offered to guarantee quick answers to any questions you may have.
In addition, you can access a large selection of educational resources through Invast’s web-based trading platform. These include videos and articles offering tutorials and advice, a regularly updated blog, live events, online events and a handy FAQs section. These are all designed to help increase your trading knowledge.
Fees when using Invast Share Trading Account
If you place an online trade with Invast valued up to $20,000, a brokerage fee of $19.90 applies. For trades over $20,000, the fee you are charged will represent 0.1% of the transaction value. This fee rises to $60 or 0.2% (whichever is greater) for trades placed over the phone.
Other ongoing fees may also apply to your account depending on the information service level you select.
|Information service level||Fee|
|Silver (20-minute delayed data)||Free|
|Gold (static live data)||$10 a month|
|Platinum (live streaming prices)||$55 a month|
|webIRESS (real-time live and dynamic pricing updates, company profiles, charting and dividend information)||$79 a month|
|Platinum plus webIRESS (combines the features of a Platinum account with a webIRESS account)||$134 a month|
The benefits and considerations of an Invast Share Trading Account
- Established provider. Invast was founded in 1960 and is one of the world’s leading and most trusted online brokers.
- Customer support. 24-hour customer assistance is offered over the phone, via email and through live chat.
- Educational and research resources. From market analysis and recommendations to online videos and events, Invast offers a wealth of information and tools to help you get the most out of your trading account.
- No dedicated app. Invast’s Share Trading platform is web-based and available to access from your smartphone, but a dedicated app is not offered.
How do I apply for Invast Share Trading Account?
Clicking the ‘apply now’ link on this page will securely redirect you to Invast’s online application form. In order to open an Invast Share Trading Account you will need to be over 18 years of age and have an Australian residential address. You will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your address
- Proof of ID, such as a driver’s licence or passport
It only takes five or 10 minutes to fill out the application. Once you’ve completed and submitted your application, Invast’s service team will assess it and contact you regarding the next steps you are required to take.
Frequently asked questions about Invast Share Trading Account
Can I place trades over the phone using my Invast Share Trading Account?
Yes you can, but keep in mind that a higher brokerage fee applies to phone trades than online trades.
Can I open a demo account?
Yes, you can open a trial Invast Share Trading Account for free if you would like to sample the features and benefits it offers.
What is the minimum deposit amount required?
There is no minimum deposit limit if you wish to open an account with Invast.
What operating system will I need to use my Invast Share Trading account?
On a PC, Invast will work on Windows XP, Vista or 7. If you run a Mac, OSX 10.6.4 or above is required.
Can I trade from my phone?
Yes, Invast’s online trading platform will work on the following operating systems:
- iPhone - iOS 4.3 or above
- Android - OS 2.1 or above
- BlackBerry - OS 6.0 or above
What if I want to close my account?
If you wish to close your account you will need to provide a signed written request featuring your account number to Invast.
How do I transfer shares from another broker to my Invast account?
You will need to fill out a Broker to Broker Transfer Request form (available for download from the Invast website) and submit it to Invast via fax or regular mail.
How much do conditional orders cost?
There is no additional fee for placing a conditional buy or sell order using your Invast Share Trading Account.