Invast Global review: Trade CFDs and forex
Fast access to global financial markets when you trade CFDs with Invast IRESSTrader.
Disclaimer: Trading CFDs and forex on leverage is high-risk and you could lose more than your initial investment. It may not be suitable for every investor. Refer to the provider's PDS and consider the risks before trading.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
|Type of broker||Online|
|Available markets||137 currency pairs, commodities, indices, bonds, ASX shares, global direct market access (DMA) CFDs|
|Minimum Spreads for Major Currencies||0.6 pip|
|Minimum Trade Size||0.01 lot|
|Platforms||IRESS, MetaTrader 4, cTrader|
|Support||Phone, email and live chat|
Since its establishment in 1960 in Japan, Invast has provided experienced traders with access to the service and features required to generate wealth. It expanded services to Sydney in 2013, and now offers its suite of trading platforms and products to investors around the globe.
What can I trade with Invast Global?
While Invast allows you to trade a number of financial instruments from shares to bonds and commodities, an IRESSTrader DMA CFD Account is dedicated to helping you trade local and global CFDs.
The IRESSTrader gives you access to CFD trading on the following global exchanges:
- The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX and AXW)
- US (NYSE and NASDAQ)
- Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX)
- Indonesia Stock Exchange (ISE)
- Malaysian Stock Exchange (Bursa)
Features of the Invast Global account
- Market data. You can access live streaming Australian market data for a fee of $20 per month, although this fee is rebated if you place more than five trades each month. Different fees may also apply if you wish to access level 1 or level 2 data from other exchanges around the world.
- Research. Invast provides access to a wide range of trading resources including market insights, trading strategy ideas and up-to-date market reports.
- Access. You can place trades online or over the phone, but phone trades do attract a higher fee. In terms of customer service, phone and email support are available 24 hours a day, while an online live chat option is also offered.
- Order types. As well as market and limit orders, an Invast IRESSTrader DMA CFD Account also allows you to place contingent orders.
- Available markets. InvastIRESSTrader allows you to trade CFDs on the Australian, US, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesian and Malaysian exchanges.
What Forex options does Invast Global offer?
Invast allows you to trade 137 different currency pairs, although the exact amount you can access depends on whether you choose the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) or cTrader trading platform.
For example, the MT4 platform allows you to trade 38 currency pairs, including popular offerings like USD/JPY, USD/CAD, GBP/JPY, GBP/AUD, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, AUD/USD, AUD/JPY and AUD/CAD. This platform also allows you to trade indices, commodities and bonds across global markets.
The cTrader platform, on the other hand, is a dedicated forex platform and offers access to an increased range of currency pairs.
What support/information is available with the Invast Global account?
Invast’s helpdesk is open 24 hours a day, meaning phone and email assistance are always on hand whenever you need them. A live online chat option is also available, providing a range of options if you never need help with a particular trade or with any of the features of your account.
There’s also a wealth of information available online through the Invast website to help you get the most out of your trading account. These include instructional videos and articles, a blog, online events, live events and much more.
Invast Global CFD fees
The IRESSTrader platform fee is $50 per month, and you may also have to pay fees for any live market data feeds you choose to subscribe to.
In addition, further fees and commissions apply depending on the market on which you are trading. See the table below for more details.
|Exchange||Min. online charge||Basis points||Over $10,000||Phone trades|
|Australia DMA CFDs||AUD$6||6||0.06%||AUD$25|
|US DMA CFDs||USD$10||USD$0.02||USD$0.02||USD$25|
|Singapore DMA CFDs||SGD$15||10||0.10%||SGD$20|
|Hong Kong DMA CFDs||HKD$90||20||0.20%||HKD$150|
|Indonesian DMA CFDs||USD$20||20||0.20%||USD$50|
|Malaysian DMA CFDs||MYR$20||12||0.12%||MYR$50|
Invast Global forex fees
When you’re trading forex, the spread (the difference between the buy and sell price of a currency pair) makes up the cost of trading. Spreads vary depending on market conditions, but the table below gives an example of the cost of trading some popular currency pairs.
|Pair||Spreads as low as||Invast Contract Size||Minimum trade size|
There may also be other fees to contend with, such as $5 when you transfer funds from your Invast Forex Trading Account to your linked bank account.
What are the pros and cons of an Invast Global account?
- Reputable company. Established in 1960, Invast has a long history as a trusted trading firm.
- Customer support. With phone, email and live chat support available 24 hours a day, you can enjoy complete peace of mind that help will be available if you ever need it.
- Transparency. Direct market access offers full transparency in terms of the performance of the underlying exchange.
- Competitive fees. The fees charged by Invast are quite competitive when compared with other providers of CFD Trading Accounts.
- Risks involved. Trading CFDs is a quite risky investment strategy and is best left to experienced traders.
How do I open an account with Invast Global?
If you’d like to sign up for an account, click the ‘apply now’ link on this page to be securely redirected to the Invast IRESSTrader DMA CFD Account application form. The form can be quickly and easily completed online and you will need to provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Proof of address
- Proof of ID, for example a driver’s licence or passport
You’ll also need to select the live international market data feeds you would like to subscribe to. Once your application has been submitted, Invast’s support team will review it as soon as possible and get in touch regarding the next steps.
Frequently asked questions about Invast Global
More guides on Finder
Citi Foreign Exchange Services review
Invest in global currencies with help from experienced relationship managers (coming soon).
ThinkMarkets review Australia: ASX share trading
Trade ASX shares and ETFs with commissions starting at $8.
Review: CoinField cryptocurrency exchange
Learn more about the CoinField cryptocurrency exchange in this review.
ThinkMarkets review Australia: Forex, commodities and CFD broker
ThinkMarkets is a UK and Australia based forex and commodities broker that offers competitive fees and spreads plus advanced trading features.
Review: Paybis cryptocurrency exchange
Your detailed review of the Paybis cryptocurrency exchange, including supported cryptos, registration, fees and payment methods.
PayPal for ecommerce sites review
Learn about the pros and cons of using PayPal to convert your online seller profits into Australian dollars in this detailed review.
Review: CurrencyTransfer account for online sellers
Learn more about CurrencyTransfer, a foreign exchange marketplace that could help your e-commerce business save on overseas payments.
Review: SingX international money transfers
Your guide to international money transfers with SingX, including exchange rates, fees and safety.
AxiTrader review: Forex and commodities broker
Our overview of the fees, platform options, FX spreads and more when you use the AxiTrader forex and commodities trading platform.
Blueberry Markets review: ECN forex and CFD broker
Get low FX spreads and zero commissions when you trade global currencies, commodities and indices with one of Australia's best rated brokers.
Ask an Expert