Take the leap and join the tribe of happy travellers that have embarked on countless tours led over the last 29 years since launch.
Australian born and bred, Intrepid started as a small Melbourne company in 1988 and now offers a massive roster of tours in just about every corner of the planet, from the bluest seas to the highest mountains, and the driest deserts to the most lush rainforests.
The company works with local communities, tour operators, hotels and restaurants to bring you the most authentic travel experiences possible, with a range of tour styles to fit every budget and need.
Intrepid promo codes
|Up to 40% off select Intrepid tours and sailing trips||Valid on select Intrepid tours worldwide including destinations like France, Italy, Japan, Cuba, India and Cambodia. Sample tours on sale include 40% off Sail Italy - Amali to Procida, 40% off Cote d'Azur Sailing Adventure - Marseille to Nice and 30% off Croatia and Greece Sailing Adventures.||
|Up to 41% off Antarctic and Arctic trips with Intrepid||Valid on select tours departing until in Antarctica and the Arctic. Sample expeditions include the 11-day Antarctic Explorer for 41% off, 8-day Arctic Watch Lodge for 22% off and the 11-day Antarctic Express for 22% off.||
How do I use my Intrepid promo code?
Intrepid Travel don’t really use promo codes, but as you’ll see below there are lots of great deals available. Click on any of the links below to be taken securely to the booking page for that deal.
Intrepid Travel Review: Pros and Cons
- Lots of destinations: With trips on every continent, Intrepid offers a huge variety of destinations to suit every taste.
- Low stress: Travel planning can be hard and stressful. Intrepid takes all of that off your hands, arranging every part of every itinerary.
- Responsibility: Travel can occasionally be a harmful thing as well, and Intrepid do everything in their power to be as responsible as they can.
- Earn 2,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer points: For every trip booked over $1000 you can earn 2,500 points. QFF terms and conditions apply.
- Little room for spontaneity: Part of travelling is testing yourself, throwing yourself into new situations and responding accordingly. It could be argued that Intrepid takes part of the overall experience away from you.
- No age restrictions: Budget travellers looking for a tour with just young people won't be guaranteed an age group.
- Hardcore: Remember this is adventure travel, so if you’re after two weeks at an “all inclusive”, Intrepid is not the place for you.
How to book with Intrepid
Simply visit their website. Their trips are divided by location, duration and theme, so whatever you’re looking for there will probably be something on there for you.
What do I need to know before booking an Intrepid tour?
What are Intrepid tours like?
Intrepid tours are designed for small groups looking for big adventures. With a maximum group size of 16 on most trips, the tours will often use local transport rather than tourist coaches, and bring travellers to smaller, locally owned accommodation and restaurants. There's a strong focus on local culture on tour and a small chance you'll find yourself at a familiar fast food chain.
Do Intrepid tours include airfare?
Intrepid tours do not include airfare from your home country. Some trips do include domestic flights or flights taken during the tour. This will be displayed by a small plane symbol on the trip's map.
Example of a tour that includes airfare
What's Intrepid's age limit on tours?
The minimum age to travel with Intrepid is 15 years old, but you must be travelling with an adult if you're younger than 18.
Intrepid doesn't have an upper age limit on its tours. Each tour does have a physical rating out of five, which is important to note for those who are less mobile. It's also important to keep in mind that Intrepid's tours are not highly catered coach tours, and transport is often on local busses, planes and boats.
Is Intrepid reliable?
Intrepid Travel has been operating tours since 1989, and has been profitable since 1991. When you book a tour, funds are deposited into a secure account so that in the event anything happens to the company before your tour you will be able to get your money back.
Are Intrepid tours safe?
Intrepid pays close attention to any advisory levels noted by the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT). If there's an advisory Level 4 ("Do Not Travel"), then Intrepid will either cancel the trip entirely or will change the itinerary to avoid any potential danger. Travel insurance, a lockable bag and a money belt is recommended for all trips.
What forms of payment does Intrepid accept?
Intrepid takes bookings with:
What is the Intrepid cancellation policy?
It is possible to cancel a trip, but certain conditions have to be met for a refund:
- Cancel 56 or more days before departure your deposit will be lost.
- Cancel 31 to 55 days before departure deposit will be lost, or 50% of total booking cost, whichever is greater.
- Cancel 30 days or less before departure 100% of total amount will be lost.
It’s worth noting that this may change depending on your trip and destination, Polar bookings particularly incur different fare rules, check the T&Cs before you book.