Send money to Congo-Brazzaville
Compare your options to see if you can get a better deal when sending money to the Republic of Congo.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There are lots of different ways to send money to the Republic of Congo, often known as Congo-Brazzaville.
- Choose a money transfer service that sends to Congo-Brazzaville.
- Sign up for an account with your preferred service.
- Create a new money transfer order.
- Make your payment and wait for confirmation that your transfer has arrived.
Compare options for money transfers to Congo-Brazzaville
The calculator below shows different services that can send money to Congo-Brazzaville.
Simply enter your amount into the table and it will calculate the approximate fees, exchange rates and transfer time for you.
What's the best way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
There are several different ways of getting money to Congo-Brazzaville. What's best will depend on what you and the recipient are looking for.
- Money transfer services. Money transfer services can be one of the most cost-effective choices, with delivery options including both bank transfers and mobile money, and highly competitive exchange rates.
- Cash transfers. This can be a quick option if you need to send money in a hurry, but it does come at a higher cost.
- Banks. Bank transfers are reliable, but can also be slow and expensive compared to other options. The recipient will also need to have a bank account.
Let's crunch the numbers: Sending $1,000 to Congo-Brazzaville
The table below shows an example of how much it costs to send a money transfer to Congo-Brazzaville with two different services. You can see the difference between options and how much you can save on a transfer by comparing carefully.
|Cash transfer service||Online money transfer service|
|Exchange rate||1 AUD = 395.5332 XAF||1 AUD = 412.028 XAF|
|Transfer speed||Within minutes||2 working days|
|Total CFA francs received||XAF385,644.90||XAF405,851.70|
|Overall||XAF20,206.80 less||XAF20,206.80 more|
By choosing one money transfer service over the other your recipient can get around XAF22,000 (about $50) more in Congo, thanks to lower fees and more favourable rates.
The downside is that, in this case, the transfer would take longer.
What's the fastest way to send money to Congo-Brazzaville?
The fastest way to send money to the Republic of Congo will typically be cash transfers or mobile money services.
The advantage of mobile money over cash pick-ups is that they can be immediately sent to someone anywhere in the country, rather than requiring the recipient to go to a pick-up location. The downside is that the recipient will need to have a mobile money account with a participating provider.
Emergency cash transfer
Services such as MoneyGram or Western Union can let you send emergency cash transfers to the Republic of Congo for pick-up in locations around the country. However, the recipient will need to travel to the pick-up location and the agent's store will need to be open at the time, which might delay pick-up.
For instant 24-hour delivery anywhere in the Republic of Congo, a mobile money transfer might be more suitable. Note that your payment method can also affect transfer speeds. For an immediate transaction, you may have to pay the money transfer service with cash or card instead of a bank transfer.
How to send money to Congo-Brazzaville without a bank account
If you don't have a bank account you can still use a money transfer service with agent locations near you, to pay with cash.
If the recipient doesn't have a bank account, you can still send money to them for cash pick-up, or with a mobile money service.
Documentation you'll need to send money to Congo-Brazzaville
There are several different types of documentation and information you'll typically be required to provide when sending money overseas.
- Personal identification. You will need to provide some personal details, such as your name and address, and may need to present supporting identification such as a driver's licence or passport.
- Recipient information. Transfer services will also typically require you to provide information on the recipient. You will naturally need to provide details such as their mobile number for a mobile money transfer, or bank details for a bank account transfer, but may also need to give their name and other information.
- Transfer details. You will need to give some details about the transfer. The desired currencies and amount will be required, but some services might also ask you to provide a reason for the money transfer and other details.
What to compare to get the best deal
Cost is one of the main factors to look at when comparing money transfer services, but it's composed of both the fees and the exchange rate, so you'll have to look at both. And beyond cost, other factors can be just as important.
Factors to consider when comparing money transfer services include:
- Fees. This is how much the transfer service charges in straightforward fees.
- Exchange rates. This is how much of one currency you get in exchange for another. This can be even more important than the fees.
- Transfer speed. How long will the transfer take?
- Payment options. Make sure you have suitable payment options. If you're looking to pay with cash, for example, you will need to find a provider that supports this.
- Delivery methods. How does the recipient want to get the money? This can also affect the transfer speed.
- Customer service. Make sure your money transfer service has a suitable customer service presence in case something goes wrong.
Foreign exchange rates explained
The exchange rate refers to what one country's currency is worth in another currency. In this case, it's how much Central African CFA franc you get from one Australian dollar. If you want to get the best value for money, make your transfer when the AUD is strong compared to the XAF.
More guides on Finder
Review: Coinstash cryptocurrency exchange
Coinstash is an AUD-dedicated cryptocurrency exchange that offers investors the opportunity to purchase cryptocurrencies at market leading rates from a clean and intuitive platform.
Is it too late to invest in Bitcoin?
Let's take a look at what history says about investing in Bitcoin, and what it tells us about the future.
How and where to buy NFTs
Read our comprehensive look at NFTs, including what they are, how to invest and the risks attached with buying them.
Finder Earn Landing Page Draft 2
The Finder app is a powerful savings tool that tracks your money and finds you new ways to save. Download today.
Top Bitcoin exchanges
With 30+ platforms available to buy Bitcoin from in Australia, it can be overwhelming to choose. Our experts have compared exchanges so you don’t have to.
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
October’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Nix credit card debt with these balance transfer offers, which mean you can switch and save with 0% interest for up to 36 months.
CommBank Ultimate Awards Credit Card with Qantas Points
With 70,000 bonus Qantas Points on offer and up to 1.2 points per $1 spent, how do the features on this CommBank credit card stack up?
Tips to safely send cryptocurrency to a wallet
SPONSORED: Save yourself the heartache of lost funds by learning how to safely send cryptocurrency from one wallet to another with this simple guide.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
New customers use code AZIMO50 to get GBP 5 off when you transfer GBP 50+. Valid till 31 October 2021. T&Cs apply.
Azimo sends money directly to a bank account or over 280,000 cash pick-up points. It also has fast transfers to 50+ countries.
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
TorFX sends money overseas in 30+ currencies, with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
New customers get their first transaction for free with code FIRSTFREE. T&Cs apply.
Send money in minutes at competitive exchange rates with this Australian money transfer service.