With instant tracking and guaranteed exchange rates, Remit2India is one of the fastest, safest and most convenient ways to send money to India.
Remit2india is a company facilitating quick, secure transfers of funds between Australia and India. With over a million satisfied customers on its books, Remit2india has streamlined its online operations to provide fast, easy service to registered and first-time customers. Servicing one of the fastest-growing foreign-population groups in Australia, Remit2india counts 89 banks and 87,000 branches in its financial network, and allows for account-to-account transfers to any bank in India. Customers have a choice of transfer options and can track money all the way to the destination account.
Whether you’re transferring AUD$50 or AUD$25,000, Remit2india offers customers total security when it comes to money transfers. In addition to already airtight security measures, customers can also opt for extra assurance to protect against online hacking, service attacks and viruses. Customers can calculate up-to-the-minute exchange rates and fees right on the website. Whether sending via wire or online transfers, Remit2india customers can have peace of mind knowing that their money is protected every step of the way.
Remit2india exchange rates
Remit2india offers its customers competitive exchange rates for money transfers, converting Australian dollars to Indian rupees at the indicative or current exchange rate. You can work out the exchange rate on Remit2india’s Online Exchange Rate Calculator. Rates are updated several times a day to give customers the best idea of how much their dollars fetch in Rupees. Remit2india customers sending money from Singapore and the UK have the option of a Guaranteed Exchange Rate, meaning that the exchange rate is fixed on the day the transfer is sent (instead of the rate on the day the money is converted to rupees, usually one to four business days after leaving the sender’s account).
Remit2india pledges to help customers get the most out of their money by offering the best and most competitive exchange rates for transfers to India. The bigger the amount sent, the better the exchange rate.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Remit2India?
Remit2india users are liable for certain fees when transferring money. These fees vary depending on the amount sent and also the sending and delivery options. Depending on the sender country, Remit2india offers special limited deals on transfers, like partial waivers on transaction fees or no fees payable for transfers over a certain amount. For example, Australian customers sending more than AUD$500 get a AUD$6 discount on their transaction fees, while American customers sending over $1,000 pay no transfer fees. Below is a list of transfer fees for each country from which you make transfers.
|Currency||Transfer fee (minimum)||Service fee (minimum, rupee)|
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Remit2india is unique in that it facilitates money transfers to India only. However, customers can send money from all over the Asian Pacific, Europe, the UK and the Emirates to over 6,000 locations in India. Minimum and maximum transfer amounts vary from country to country, as well as the applicable transfer and service fees charged. In most cases, customers can contact Remit2india directly is they’d like to send more than the maximum transfer amount. Below is a list of currencies from which Remit2ndia will convert to Indian Rupees.
|Currency||Minimum amount||Maximum amount|
|JPY||10000||2, 000 000|
What types of transfers can you carry out with Remit2India?
Sending options for Australian customers include wire transfers and online transfers. Money reaches the destination account via direct credit or demand draft.
- The wire transfer is treated as a local transaction for Australians, which means that customers avoid paying high international transfer fees. The money is sent to Remit2india’s account, who then passes the transfer to the recipient. The transfer lands in the destination account one business day after sending. Charges levied vary from bank to bank, but it’s the cheapest way to send money to India.
- Online transfers facilitate transfers from the internet-banking service of the client’s local bank. It’s safe and quick; the money leaves the client’s account and reaches the destination account within two to three working days of the transfer. The entire process is online.
Remit2india has an extensive delivery network spanning 6,000 locations across India. If customers prefer to send money via demand draft, Remit2india engages a courier service to drop it off right at the recipient’s door. Should the recipient’s address fall outside of the areas serviced by the courier, Remit2india will send the demand draft by registered post. Delivery time depends on the location, but couriers usually take two to three days. Delivery by registered post can take up to 15 days.
The registration and transfer process
Transfers from Australia can be made via wire or NetBanking transfer, but Remit2india also offers a range of additional sending options for customers located in other countries.
Before using Remit2india, you have to open an account online. Registration is quick and safe since it only requires the sender’s basic ID and contact information. You can sign up via Remit2india’s online form or connect with their Facebook or Gmail accounts. Customers then provide the recipient’s details, choose a sending option and click ‘send’.
Wire transfers take one business day to land, while NetBanking transfers take up to three days to get to the recipient. Money is either deposited directly into recipients’ accounts or delivered by demand draft (via registered post or courier and redeemable in Rupees). Remit2india is currently expanding its operations to more countries, but clients can currently send money to India in ten currencies: U.S Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euros, Japanese Yen, UAE Dirham, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar and Hong Kong Dollar.
What are the pros and cons of using Remit2India?
- Remit2india is the first and only transfer service that sends money to India only. Customers benefit from focused, expert attention.
- After 13 years building their business, Remit2india counts 89 banks in its financial network and delivers to over 6000 locations all over India.
- Money can be followed via Remit2india’s Status Tracker and customers are given updates at every stage of the delivery process.
- The recipient doesn’t pay any taxes on the incoming money.
- The whole process is cashless and everything is managed and finalised online.
- Remit2india’s customer-support system is available 24/7 and also allows for complaints to be escalated if not resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Australian customers benefit from only two sending options, whereas customers in other countries can send money via ACH/Direct, ACH/ Trans-Direct, Insta-Debit, DirectDebit and cheque.
- Australian customers don’t have access to the fixed exchange-rate option.
- The Remit2india service is only available to Indian nationals (non-residents) and people of Indian origin.
What other products and services does Remit2India offer?
Remit2india’s products and services are tailored to customers who need a fast, reliable and safe money-transfer service to India. Customers sending money from Australia don’t benefit from the full range of sending options, but they can still take advantage of Remit2india’s Power Plan programmes.
- FX Voucher - Remit2india offers its return customers this voucher that guarantees better exchange rates for as long as the voucher is valid.
- Money on Referral (MOR) - This programme rewards you for every friend or family member referred to Remit2india. Members can add their contacts saved on social-network platforms and email address books. After the referral’s first transaction is complete, Remit2india rewards both the customer and the newly registered member with Rs 500.
- Remit2india Assurance - This additional protection safeguards against online threats like hacking and identity theft. Customers can opt to assure each transfer or assure all transfers during a one-year period.
- Status Tracker - Remit2india’s Status Tracker service allows you to keep close track of their money as it makes its way towards the recipient.
Frequently asked questions
Who can use this service?
Remit2india is only available to Indian nationals (non-residents) and those of Indian origin.
How does it work?
Remit2india requires the sender’s basic contact and ID information to effect a transfer. Once registered, the sender chooses the transfer type (only wire transfers and NetBanking transfers are available to senders in Australia). The sender then supplies the recipient’s bank details. The money is delivered by direct credit or draft demand.
How long do transfers take?
Wire transfers take one business day to reach the recipient’s account. Online transfers take two to three business days to land. Demand drafts delivered by courier take two to three days depending on the recipient’s location, whereas registered post will deliver within 10 to 15 days if the recipient’s area is not serviced by the courier service.
What are the minimum and maximum amounts a customer can send?
The minimum amount for transfers from Australia is A$50. The maximum transfer amount is set at A$25000. Customers can contact Remit2india directly if they’d like to send more than the maximum amount.
Which currencies can be sent to India? From which countries can senders transfer money?
Remit2india handles the following 10 currencies:
U.S Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euros, Japanese Yen, UAE Dirham, Australian Dollar, New Zealand Dollar and Hong Kong Dollar.
Besides Australia, senders can transfer money from 23 other countries, including the United States, the UK, Singapore, Canada, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and the UAE.
Can the transfer be tracked?
Yes. Remit2india’s Status Tracker keeps customers informed of the transaction’s status every step of the way. This is done via email updates and reminders.
How are disputes and complaints handled?
Remit2india’s customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can request a call-back via the website. If not satisfied with the way a query was handled, customers can escalate the complaint.
Remit2india makes transferring money to India easy, hassle-free and safe for their customers. To get started, simply sign up, register and start sending money to friends and family in India today.
With Remit2india’s guarantee of speedy, reliable service, you can send money to over 6000 locations in India from 24 countries around the world and in 10 different currencies.