FC Exchange offers a Best Exchange Rate Guarantee and a range of flexible options on international money transfers.
FC Exchange specialises in offering fast, secure and affordable online transfers to personal and business customers. Although based in the UK, FC Exchange also allows Australian residents to sign up and take advantage of its convenient money transfer service.
With more than 20,000 money transfer clients, FC Exchange was established in 2005 and aims to offer exchange rates that are much closer to the interbank rate than what the major banks offer. It offers a Best Exchange Rate Guarantee, minimal transfer fees, and has handled more than four billion pounds worth of international money transfers.
To top it off, FC Exchange lets individuals and businesses send money around the world in 37 popular and more exotic currencies.
FC Exchange exchange rates
As a global currency specialist, FC Exchange purchases foreign currency at wholesale rates. And because it trades such large volumes of currency, it can offer you exchange rates that are clearly superior to those provided by banks.
|AUD / GBP||AUD / EUR||AUD / USD||AUD / CAD|
|AUD / CHF||AUD / CZK||AUD / DKK||AUD / HKD|
|AUD / INR||AUD / JPY||AUD / NOK||AUD / NZD|
With a focus on offering exchange rates that are closer than bank transfer exchange rates to the interbank rate, FC Exchange also provides a Best Exchange Rate Guarantee. If you’re quoted a better exchange rate from another foreign exchange company, FC Exchange promises to beat that rate.
In order to view the current exchange rates available from FC Exchange, you’ll need to sign up for a free account. However, the FC Exchange website also offers useful currency exchange tools to help you find the current interbank rate.
August 2014 Euro Rate Survey
Survey results base on moving €97,000 into EUR, conducted 1 August 2014 and information was gathered between 10:am and 11:06 am.Values in the table are the equivalents using rates given.
|FX PROVIDER||GBP/EUR EXCHANGE RATE||GBP COST FOR EUR 250,000||SAVING WITH FC EXCHANGE|
|FC Exchange||1.2549||€ 199,219.06||N/A|
How much does it cost to transfer money with FC Exchange?
FC Exchange offers a simple and transparent fee structure. If you transfer an amount less than £10,000 (or equivalent), a £10 fee applies. If you want to send £10,000 or more, you don’t have to pay any transaction fee. It’s also free to sign up for and maintain an FC Exchange online account, while other features such as forward contracts also don’t attract any extra commission.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
As a general rule, FC Exchange only offers transfers of more than £3,000, but it does have the facilities to handle smaller amounts. While no maximum transfer amount is listed on the FC Exchange website, you can avoid transfer fees when you send more than £10,000.
When you need to send money overseas, FC Exchange offers transfers in 37 currencies:
- UAE Dirham
- Australian Dollar
- Bahamian Dollar
- Bahraini Dinar
- Barbadian Dollar
- British Pound Sterling
- Bulgarian Lev
- Canadian Dollar
- Cayman Island Dollar
- Chinese Yuan Renminbi
- Croatian Kune
- Czech Koruny
- Danish Krone
- East Caribbean Dollar
- Ghanaian Cedi
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Hungarian Forint
- Indian Rupee
- Israeli Shekel
- Japanese Yen
- Kenyan Shilling
- Kuwaiti Dinar
- Mexican Peso
- New Zealand Dollar
- Norwegian Krone
- Polish Zloty
- Russian Ruble
- Saudi Riyal
- Singapore Dollar
- South African Rand
- Swedish Krona
- Swiss Franc
- Thai Baht
- Turkish Lira
- Ugandan Shilling
- US Dollar
What types of transfers can you carry out with FC Exchange?
FC Exchange offers a large variety of transfer options, including:
- One-off payments. FC Exchange makes it quick and easy to send a one-off spot transfer. These allow you to lock in a competitive exchange rate and send a fast transfer.
- Forward contracts. This transfer option allows you to fix your exchange rate now for a transfer that will take place up to two years in advance.
- Limit orders. A limit order allows you to enter the target exchange rate you would like to receive for your transaction. When that rate becomes available on the market, your transfer will automatically be placed.
- Regular payments. If you need to make regular transfers overseas, perhaps to pay off a mortgage, FC Exchange’s Regular Payment Facility helps you save time on your transfers.
If you ever have a question or require assistance with a transfer, FC Exchange offers a handy online FAQ section and detailed information on its website. It also has offices in the UK, South Africa and Cyprus, with phone (via freecall number for Australian customers) and email support available.
The registration and transfer process
The first step when sending a transfer with FC Exchange is to sign up for an online account. This is free to do and you’ll need to provide your name, contact information and transfer requirements.
Next, you’ll need to provide all the details of your transfer, such as the amount you’re sending, the currency you’re transferring, and where the money will be going. You will also have the option of placing a one-off transfer or using a forward contract or limit order to get the exchange rate you want.
Once all your details have been entered you will be given a chance to review the exchange rate and fee that will apply to your transaction. If you’re happy with the full cost of the transaction, submit your transfer.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of using FC Exchange?
- A wide range of available currencies. With support for 37 currencies, FC Exchange offers transfers to a huge range of destinations.
- Flexible with many options. With forward contracts, limit orders and the option of setting up regular payments, FC offers flexible options to help you save time and money.
- Offer an Exchange Rate Guarantee. If you’re quoted a better rate from another exchange company, FC Exchange will beat that rate.
- Not Australian based. FC Exchange is based in the UK and does not have any branches in Australia.
What other products and services does FC Exchange offer?
- Business solutions. From foreign exchange dealing to online seller solutions, FC Exchange offers a wide range of currency services for businesses.
- Travel money. If you need cash for a trip abroad, FC Exchange can help you stock up on 46 currencies.
Frequently asked questions
How much money must I send under a Regular Payment Plan?
You’ll need to send at least £500 per month to use this facility.
Where is FC Exchange based?
FC Exchange is based in the UK in London, but Australian customers can use the company’s transfer service.
What is the minimum amount I can trade?
FC Exchange usually doesn’t accept transfers of less than £3,000.
How long do transfers take to be completed?
Registering for an FC Exchange account takes just a few minutes. Transfer times vary depending on the currency you are transferring and bank cut-off times, but same-day transactions are possible in many cases.
FC Exchange offers a convenient transfer alternative if you don’t want to accept a low exchange rate from your bank. Compare its features with the services offered by other money transfer companies so that you can find the right transfer solution for your needs.