Receive up to $100,000 cover for major illnesses with InsureanceLine
The major illness insurance policy from Insurance Line can pay you a benefit of up to $100,000 if you suffer from one of the defined illnesses under the cover.
This means that you can use this money to help pay medical bills or household bills, which can help maintain the financial security of your household, and relieve financial pressures while you recover.
This option is available as an add-on to the Insuranceline Life Cover. Keep reading to learn more of the benefits
How can Major Illness Insurance from InsuranceLine Help Protect You and Your Family?
The major illness insurance policy from Insurance Line can pay you a benefit of up to $100,000 if you suffer from one of the defined illnesses under the cover. This means that you can use this money to help pay medical bills or household bills, which can help maintain the financial security of your household, and relieve financial pressures while you recover.
Major illness insurance from InsuranceLine also provides you with:
- Cover for six major illnesses: Your major illness insurance from Insurance Line can pay a benefit if you are diagnosed with any of the six major illnesses covered by the policy, including cancer, heart attack, coronary artery bypass, paralysis, permanent incapacity and stroke.
- Choose your benefit amount: While you can be covered for up to $100,000 of major illness insurance, you don’t need to take out that full amount, because the higher your cover amount, the higher your premiums. Instead, consider your family’s situation, budget, monthly bills and savings, and choose an amount which suits your needs.
- Partner discount: If you add your partner to your major illness insurance policy, Insurance Line will give you a 10% discount on their policy. It is important to insure both partners in the home, even if one of you is not the major bread winner, or doesn’t work outside the home at all. This is because if either one of you is struck by a major illness, there will be medical bills, and duties to cover, whether they are financial or around the home.
- Death benefit: Your major illness insurance policy also includes a death benefit payout if you die of any cause, excluding self inflicted injury. Suicide is also not covered under the death benefit for the first 13 months of your policy.
- No medical tests required: You can simply apply for major illness insurance over the phone in just a few minutes, and you’re not required to take any medical or blood tests. All you have to do is answer the questions truthfully during the application.
- Eligibility to application: If you are an Australian resident between 16 and 55 years old you can apply for major illness insurance with Insurance Line. Once your application is approved, you can keep your policy until you are 69 years old, when your cover expires.
- Waiting period: There is just one waiting period you need to serve, and it comes when you take out your major illness insurance. If you are diagnosed with a major illness within the first 90 days of holding your policy with Insurance Line, a claim will not be paid. However, you are covered for accidental death from the start date of your policy.
- Notice of premium increases: The cost of your major illness insurance will rise as you get older, but before a change is made to your premiums, Insurance Line will give you 30 days notice. Also keep in mind that your premiums will increase if you add another person to your policy or if you increase your benefit amount.
- Payment arrangements and cancellations: If you are unable to pay your premiums for any reason, it is important to contact Insurance Line as soon as possible to negotiate a payment arrangement, because once your premiums are more than 30 days overdue, your cover can lapse. At the beginning of your policy you have a 30 day cooling off period during which you can change your mind about the cover, and cancel your policy if you choose, and you’ll receive a full refund of any premiums paid.
- Dedicated claims managers: If you do have to make a claim on your major illness insurance policy, you will be allocated a dedicated Claims Manager, who will personally oversee your case, and help you work through all the details of your claim – so you work with one person, from beginning to end.
What’s Not Covered by InsuranceLine Major Illness Insurance?
InsuranceLine major illness insurance policy will not pay a benefit when a claim is made if:
- You are diagnosed with a major illness within 90 days of the start of your policy.
- Your major illness is the result of self harm.
- You become terminally ill or die as the result of self harm in the first 13 months of your policy.
- You fail to provide important information on your application, and an investigation during a claim reveals information which voids your claim.
InsuranceLine Major Illness Insurance Claims
Making a claim on a Major Illness plan is designed to be as easy and straightforward as possible. The first step is to phone InsuranceLine on 1300 880 750 and the company will send out a claim form to you, or you can download the claim form from the InsuranceLine website. The form needs to be completed and returned to InsuranceLine, along with any supporting documentation. The documents you’ll have to supply will vary depending on the nature of your claim but may include a birth certificate, death certificate or proof of a medical condition.
It will then be up to you to provide, at your own expense, any information or documentation that InsuranceLine requires to support the claim. In order to prove the condition for which you are making a claim, you’ll need:
- appropriate evidence from a specialist medical practitioner such as clinical or laboratory evidence
- proof that if the claim is related to a surgical procedure, that procedure is medically necessary.
Proof of age of the life insured and proof of death (for death claims) will also be required.
Why Apply for InsuranceLine Major Illness Insurance Plan?
Life is unpredictable and a serious illness can affect anyone at anytime. This is what InsuranceLine major illness insurance is designed for - to ensure that you won't have to go through the stress of a financial hardship while you are recovering from a serious medical condition. InsuranceLine major illness can provide you with the peace of mind knowing that no matter what happens to you, your loved one will be taken care off.
Major Illness Insurance from InsuranceLine is designed to protect your family when a serious medical condition strikes. Providing cover for six major illnesses, the policy provides a benefit of up to $100,000 when you need it most. This can help your family cope with the fact that your income is no longer coming in.
Major Illness Insurance is definitely worth considering if you’re looking for this type of insurance protection, but take the time to compare it with a range of other policies before deciding on the right one for you.