If you're looking for a competitively priced travel insurance policy, check out Insure4less Essentials Travel Insurance
A trading name of Online Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd, insure4less offers a range of affordable travel insurance options which are underwritten by Lloyd’s of London. Lloyd’s is one of the most trusted and respected names in the insurance industry, giving insure4less customers the confidence they want from their cover.
insure4less Essentials Travel Insurance is designed to provide cover for Australian travellers against an extensive range of common travel risks. With three different levels of cover to choose from, insure4less customers can choose a policy that suits both their insurance needs and their budget.
Receive a Quote for Insure4Less Essentials Travel Insurance
The following benefits are offered with all three insure4less Essentials Travel Insurance options.
- What happens if I have to cut my trip short? You are covered for cancellation and curtailment if you are forced to cancel or cut short your trip due to illness, injury, death, jury duty or pregnancy, your insure4less policy will cover the cost of any cancellation fees you are charged and any deposits for travel and accommodation arrangements that cannot be refunded.
- What happens if I need medical help overseas? You will be covered for up to $10 million for your overseas emergency medical, hospital, ambulance and dental costs. This includes medical repatriation back to Australia if required, accommodation and travel expenses for a friend or relative to travel from Australia to stay with you and accompany you home, as well as additional accommodation and travel expenses to enable you to return home if you are unfit to continue your trip.
- Am I covered for personal liability? If you are accused of causing bodily injury to someone else or for causing loss or damage to someone else’s property, the resulting costs will be covered by your policy.
- What happens if I miss a flight? If the failure of public transport, a road accident or vehicle breakdown cause you to miss a flight, the resulting additional accommodation and travel expenses you incur will be covered.
- Is my luggage covered? Your policy provides a minimum of $2,500 of cover for the loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings and valuables.
- What if I need legal advice? If (you or your estate) lodge a claim for compensation or damages from a third party for causing your death, illness or bodily injury, the legal fees and expenses you incur in the process will be covered.
What extras can I get covered?
The following cover benefits are only available under some insure4less policy options.
- Personal money. This covers the loss or theft of your personal money, as well as the loss, theft or damage of your passport or any visas.
- Travel delay. You are covered when your pre-booked transport is delayed for more than 12 hours.
- Abandonment of trip. If your departure transport is delayed by more than 12 hours and you decide to cancel your trip entirely, you will be covered for the irrecoverable cost of your trip.
- Accidental death or permanent disability benefit. Your policy will pay a lump sum benefit if you suffer an accident during your trip which causes your death, total permanent disablement, or loss of sight or limbs.
- Car rental excess waiver. This policy feature means you will not have to pay the rental car company’s insurance excess when your rental vehicle is crashed, stolen or damaged.
Summary of Benefits
insure4less offer three different policy options: Essentials, Excel and Excel Plus. Each policy provides a different level of cover to suit a variety of budgets. The table below displays the benefits of each policy.
|Cancellation and curtailment||$2,500||$5,000||$7,500|
|Overseas medical expenses||$10 million||$10 million||$10 million|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million||$5 million||$7.5 million|
|Missed departure / connection||$500||$750||$1,000|
|Legal advice and expenses||$10,000||$20,000||$30,000|
|Abandonment of trip||-||$5,000||$7,500|
|Accidental death / permanent disability benefit||-||$10,000||$20,000|
|Out of pocket expenses (per day)||-||$1,000 ($50)||$2,000 ($75)|
|Hijack benefit (per day)||-||-||$5,000 ($75)|
|Car rental excess waiver||-||$1,500||$3,000|
|Search and rescue expenses||-||-||$5,000|
|Resumption of trip||-||-||$2,000|
|Travel carrier insolvency||-||-||$5,000|
Although insure4less Essentials Travel Insurance offers a broad level of cover, there are certain circumstances under which claims will not be paid. Your claim will not be paid if:
- it arises from loss or damage caused by an act of war or terrorism
- it is a result of you travelling to a region for which the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has issued a travel advisory
- it results from you travelling in an aircraft other than as a fare-paying passenger on a commercial airline
- it is for suicide, attempted suicide or intentional self injury
- it is related to your anxiety, stress, depression or another related disorder
- it is for a sexually transmitted disease
- it is for a loss suffered while you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- it results from your participation in a sport not listed in the insure4less product disclosure statement
- it results from your participation in snow sports activities
- it arises from you going scuba diving when you are not qualified to do so or if you dive to a depth greater than 30 metres. Diving alone, diving in wrecks and cave diving are also not covered
- it is for consequential loss of any kind
- it results from you breaking or failing to comply with the law
- it is for the bankruptcy, negligence or insolvency of a tour operator, travel agent or accommodation supplier
- it relates to a pre-existing medical condition suffered by you, your travelling companion, or anyone else on whose state of health your trip depends
- it is a result of you travelling on a motorcycle, moped or scooter without holding a relevant licence
- it is for errors or omissions in your booking arrangements, or if it results from your failure to obtain the correct visa.
You need to notify your insurer of any event or loss which could lead to a claim by contacting Gallagher Bassett, the insurer’s appointed claims handlers, during office hours. You will also need to obtain a claim form. Gallagher Bassett’s contact details are listed below:
Gallagher Bassett Services
insure4less Claims Dept
GPO Box 14, Brisbane
Queensland 4001, Australia
Tel: +61 7 3005 1613
- What do I need to tell my insurer? You will need to provide your name, contact details, policy certificate number and a brief description of the nature of your claim. If you've received medical attention, remember to pay relevant costs and retain receipts, as well as obtaining a certificate which details the nature of the injury or illness.
- What kind of information will my insurer need? If your luggage is lost or damaged by an airline or other carrier, you’ll need to notify that carrier in writing and obtain any relevant report of your loss. If your money or personal baggage is lost or stolen, you’ll need to report the matter to police within 24 hours and obtain a written copy of the report.
Finally, it’s important to note that no claims should be notified any greater than 31 days after the end of your trip.Back to top