insure4less Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance is designed for frequent flyers and those planning trips that will last up to 12 months
insure4less aims to offer Australia’s best online travel insurance to its customers. With a focus on combining quality with affordability, insure4less makes it quick and easy to take out cover for your next trip.
insure4less is actually a trading name of Online Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd, an Australian Financial Services Licensee. As well as a range of cover options for single trips, there is insure4less Annual-Multi Trip Travel Insurance for frequent travellers. Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London, probably the most widely recognised company name in the insurance industry, this policy offers a choice of different cover levels to suit your requirements and how much you wish to spend.
Designed to help regular travellers save money on their cover, insure4less Annual-Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers all your journeys across a 12-month period. It provides protection against a range of common travel risks and also features a fast and simple claims process.
Rather than going through the hassle of taking out a different travel insurance policy for every trip you take, not to mention having to pay a separate premium for each, these types of policies are designed to cover all your trips across a 12-month period.
- removes the stress of having to find an adequate insurance policy every time you travel, allowing you to simply focus on planning your holiday
- annual multi trip policies entitle you to enjoy significant savings as opposed to if you were to buy an individual policy for each trip you take
- cheaper than taking out multiple policies if you travel a lot
- great for last-minute travellers, those who take holidays on a whim or who need to be ready to travel anywhere in the world with only a few hours notice.
However, annual multi trip policies are often not very well suited to people who suffer from pre-existing medical conditions. As a number of annual policies exclude pre-existing conditions, such people may be better off finding suitable travel insurance on a trip-by-trip basis.Back to top
The following benefits are offered under the Essentials, Excel and Excel Plus plans:
- Am I covered for cancellation and curtailment? When unforeseen circumstances (illness suffered by you or a relative, unemployment, pregnancy etc.) force you to cancel or cut short your trip, your insure4less policy will cover the cost of any cancellation fees you incur and prepaid deposits you are unable to recoup.
- Does the policy cover overseas emergency medical expenses. Each policy provides up to $10 million of cover for costs you incur as a result of death, illness or injury on your trip. This includes hospital and medical costs, ambulance transportation costs, medical repatriation costs, and even the expense required to fly a relative from Australia to your bedside.
- Am I covered for personal liability? If you are accused of causing bodily injury or property damage to someone else, your policy will provide a minimum of $2.5 million of liability cover.
- What happens if I miss my flight? If a traffic accident, vehicle breakdown or the failure of public transport leads to you missing a flight or connection, you’ll be reimbursed for any additional travel and accommodation expenses you incur as a result.
- What level of cover do I have for personal baggage? insure4less policies offer a minimum of $2,500 of cover for loss, theft or damage to your luggage, valuables and personal effects. This includes items such as cameras and mobile phones.
- Am I covered for legal advice and expenses? This benefit covers your legal fees when you are pursuing a claim for property damage or bodily injury caused by someone else.
The following benefits are offered only with some insure4less policies. Check the benefits table above for more details.
- Personal money. This benefit covers the loss or theft of your personal money, passport and visas.
- Travel delay. If the public transport on which you are booked is delayed by at least 12 hours, cover is provided.
- Trip abandonment. If the public transport on which you are booked is delayed by at least 12 hours and you decide to abandon your trip as a result, the irrecoverable cost of the trip could be covered by your insure4less policy.
- Accidental death or permanent disability benefit. If you die or become permanently disabled as the result of an accident during your trip, a lump sum benefit is offered.
- Car rental excess waiver. This benefit ensures that you do not have to pay the hefty rental company insurance excess when your rental car is crashed, stolen or damaged.
- Travel carrier insolvency. This benefit provides cover when a travel carrier with whom you are booked becomes financially insolvent.
Table of Benefits
insure4less Annual-Multi Trip Travel Insurance covers international trips, as well as domestic trips if they are at least 250km from your place of residence and include at least one overnight stay. The exact level of cover and benefits you receive depends on the policy option you choose: Essentials, Excel and Excel Plus. Read the table below for a rundown of the benefits available with each policy.
|Cancellation and curtailment||$2,500||$5,000||$7,500|
|Overseas medical expenses||$10 million||$10 million||$10 million|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million||$5 million||$7.5 million|
|Missed departure / connection||$500||$750||$1,000|
|Legal advice and expenses||$10,000||$20,000||$30,000|
|Abandonment of trip||-||$5,000||$7,500|
|Accidental death / permanent disability benefit||-||$10,000||$20,000|
|Out of pocket expenses (per day)||-||$1,000 ($50)||$2,000 ($75)|
|Hijack benefit (per day)||-||-||$5,000 ($75)|
|Car rental excess waiver||-||$1,500||$3,000|
|Search and rescue expenses||-||-||$5,000|
|Resumption of trip||-||-||$2,000|
|Travel carrier insolvency||-||-||$5,000|
Just as with any other type of insurance policy, the insure4less Annual-Multi Trip Travel Insurance policy contains a list of exclusions. These exclusions mean your claim will not be paid if:
- it relates to an act of war, terrorism or rebellion
- it is for consequential loss of any kind
- it results from your suicide, attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury
- it arises from you travelling to a region which the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has issued a travel advisory warning against travel
- it results from you travelling in an aircraft, other than as a fare-paying passenger on a commercial airline
- it is caused by your stress, anxiety, depression or a related disorder
- it is for a sexually transmitted disease
- your loss is caused by you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, other than those being used as prescribed by a medical practitioner
- it results from your participation in sports not listed in the insure4less product disclosure statement
- it results from your participation in snow sports, underwater diving under certain circumstances, competitive mountain biking or racing of any kind
- it arises because you break the law or fail to comply with any law
- it is the result of a tour operator failing to provide the advertised facilities
- it is related to a pre-existing medical condition suffered by you, or by someone on whom your trip depends
- it is the result of you riding a motorcycle, moped or scooter without a current licence, or being a passenger on one of those vehicles while it is controlled by someone without a licence.
The claims process on an insure4less travel insurance policy is simple and straightforward. Whenever an incident or loss occurs that may give rise to a claim, it’s important that you notify the company’s claims handler, Gallagher Bassett, during business hours. You can contact Gallagher Bassett via the below details:
Gallagher Bassett Services
insure4less Claims Dept.,
GPO Box 14, Brisbane,
Queensland 4001, Australia
Tel: +61 7 3005 1613
You can request a claim form from Gallagher Bassett, although these are also available from the insure4less website. The form will then need to be completed with your contact details, policy certificate number and a description of your claim. Please note that you must notify the claims handler of your claim no later than 31 days after the end of your trip.
In addition, there are other steps you may need to take to ensure the success of your claim. For example, if you have received medical treatment you will need to keep any receipts and also a medical certificate showing the nature of your illness or injury. Similarly, if you are a victim of theft, remember to report this to the local police as soon as possible and obtain a written copy of their report.Back to top
How many trips do I need to take per year to make multi trip insurance worthwhile?
Generally speaking, if you take more than three trips per year you can save money by taking out a multi trip policy to cover all trips instead of individual policies for each separate journey. However, check with your insurer for an accurate depiction of which option will be cheapest for you.
Who is insure4less?
insure4less is an Australian owned and operated company. A trading name of Online Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd, insure4less offers policies that are underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
Is cover available to me?
If you’re between 18 and 65 years of age, an Australian citizen (or a non-citizen who has been resident for at least three months), you are eligible to apply for cover.
How can I get an insurance quote?
It’s easy to get a quote on your travel insurance policy by visiting the insure4less website.