Current travel insurance deals
Don’t forget to pack the discounts when you’re comparing policies. When the prices are close, one discount can be enough to push a new insurance policy to the front of the pack.
Hundreds of thousands of Australians have used Finder to find their travel insurance, not only because it can make comparing cover a lot easier, but also for the exclusive discounts that you can’t find anywhere else.
With discounts, you might get more cover for the same price, or simply spend less. Either way, you might fly away with more value for money.
Current health insurance deals
Health insurance is tightly regulated, so you might be able to find equally good policies from different insurers, often at very close prices. When the price difference is only a few dollars, one discount or cash-back might be all it takes to find your new favourite.
Just like you should check whether a quote is factoring in your government health insurance rebate, it can also be worth checking that it factors in any other rewards, cash-backs or bonus deals you’re entitled to, like these.
Current life insurance deals
Life insurance is often a lifetime investment, so adding on the discounts might save you a small (or big) fortune over the years. Saving 3% here and 5% there can translate into thousands of dollars more in your pocket over the years.
Before signing on the dotted line, it can be worth stepping back and taking in the range of life insurance discounts available. Have you checked for:
- Healthy living and active lifestyle discounts? You don’t even have to be in great shape. Simply being in reasonably good health might get you discounts and rewards.
- Multi-policy and joint family? Multi-policy discounts are savings for getting multiple cover types from the same insurer, such as life plus disability insurance. Joint family discounts are savings for insuring multiple people, such as covering yourself and your partner with the same policy.
- Large sum discounts? That’s what these are (below). They’re a relatively common form of discount, but different insurers might have their discount thresholds at different sums. As you can see, the potential savings are immense. Once you know how much cover you need, you might want to find an insurer that will discount you for it.
Current car insurance deals
When you’re shopping for car insurance
it sometimes feels like insurers are tripping over themselves to get your money, assuming you have a good driving record. When insurers are offering big savings for your signature, finding a great deal might be as simple as obliging them, or asking if they’re willing to match competitor’s prices.
But remember to read the fine print, for the policy itself as well as any deals. Some discounts might mask an expensive policy, and deals often expire over time (often after 12 months). If your car insurance premiums have gone up, that might be a discount that disappeared rather than an actual price increase.
Current pet insurance deals
Insuring your furry friend can seem complicated - and expensive. A discount can help take some of the sting off the price and give you the peace of mind to know that your pet will be covered if it gets sick or injured.
- More than one animal? Look at whether you can get a multi-pet discount.
- Your usual insurer? Pet insurance with some providers might qualify you for multi-policy discounts, such as savings on home insurance.
Other than that, you can still find online or membership bonuses such as the ones below which might help make a decision easier.
Current home insurance deals
There are loads of ways to save on home and contents insurance. This is because so many different factors affect costs, and many of these are in your control. Storm shutters and a home security system, for example, could reduce your premiums considerably.
You might also be able to vary your excess, pay premiums annually, access a range of discounts or combine your building and contents cover to further reduce costs.
But one of the easiest ways might be to simply buy home insurance online for substantial savings, of both money and time.
Coupon codes can sometimes feel like free money, and when you get them for insurance policies, the savings can keep piling up over time.
After adding a coupon code you might want to opt for a higher level of cover at equivalent cost, or might instead choose to simply enjoy the savings.
As well as all the other factors, everyone should be looking at price when buying insurance. Until you’ve also looked at the discounts and coupons available, you haven’t thoroughly compared insurance prices.
- It's easy. Most promo codes are accessible online, making them easy to find, use and keep track of. Coupon codes might be one of the easiest ways of picking up a discount, no matter what you’re buying.
- You could save lots. The quality of insurance coupon codes varies depending on the type of cover. Sometimes they might be equivalent to only a few dollars, but other times they might be able to save you thousands in the long run. Everyone should look at price when comparing insurance, and a natural part of that is looking at whether there are discounts or coupons available.
- You have a lot to choose from. A good deal is the ultimate win-win deal for business and customer alike, so you don’t have to go too far to find them, and can enjoy a wide variety of different offers.
- Terms and conditions. All insurance policies have terms and conditions, and when you add a discount on top of that, you might end up with even more fine print. It’s important to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting, in both price and cover.
- Potentially misleading. You don’t want to get blinded by bigger savings. Just because one insurer is offering 20% off, and another is offering only 10% off, that doesn’t mean the first will be cheaper. You should still get quotes and shop around carefully.
It can vary, but in most cases you can simply click the green deal buttons, and get redirected to the provider’s website to sign up with the discounts.
But you should only do this after you’ve shopped around, and when you feel ready to sign up. The promo code and discount will most likely be applied at checkout, or shown as a note next to your quoted prices.