ING Fixed Rate Home Loan
The ING Fixed Rate Home Loan offers a competitive fixed rate and no ongoing fees.
The ING Fixed Rate Home Loan can be fixed for terms of one to five years. You can save on ongoing loan fees and take advantage of a range of features to help you pay off your mortgage sooner.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
This loan is available for owner occupiers or investors. It offers an online banking feature that helps you view your minimum monthly repayments. You can even view your next repayment date and even check or change your debit amount.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- No ongoing fees. This loan has no monthly or annual fees, but keep in mind that if combining your rate with the Orange Advantage you may need to pay annual fees for this part of the loan.
- Additional repayments. You are allowed to make up to $10,000 in additional repayments on your loan's settlement anniversary without incurring any penalties. Repayments above this amount may incur break costs.
- Repayment certainty. The ING Fixed Rate home loan allows you to fix your interest rate for one to five years, giving you certainty that your home loan repayments won't change during the fixed term.
- Interest rate discounts. You may be eligible for an interest rate discount at the end of the fixed rate period if your Fixed Rate Home Loan reverts to the variable rate Mortgage Simplifier Home Loan.
- Free ATM withdrawals. You will be able to access funds from your account for free from ATMs across Australia with this loan.
- Repayment frequency. You can make fortnightly or monthly repayments on your home loan.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Fixed rate lock-in fee. If you wish to lock the rate on your home loan using the lock-in feature, a $749 fee will apply.
- Application fee. This loan carries an application fee of $499 which goes into covering the documentation costs of the mortgage and setting up the loan account.
Note that if you split this loan with the Orange Advantage Home Loan in order to take advantage of the discounted rate, the application fee will be waived, and an annual fee will be charged.
How to apply
The whole application process should take about 20-25 minutes to complete. You will have to meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for the loan:
- Be over 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Be an Australian Citizen residing in the country.
- Personal details. This includes your name, address and contact information.
- Financial information. Provide information of your income, assets and liabilities.
The following information will also be required with your application:
After you've submitted all the necessary documentation, ING will contact you to ensure that the home loan you have chosen is suitable for your situation.
With competitive rates and the option to fix your mortgage for up to five years, the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan could offer a unique and cost-effective way to finance a home purchase. Learn more about what this mortgage could offer you and compare it to other home loans on finder.com.au.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.