Infographic: How much will you actually spend on vacation?
Cheap flights are a good start. Follow them up with cheap everything else.
The thrill of scoring a great flight deal might wear off quickly if you happen to get off the plane in one of the world's most expensive cities.
The goods news is that there are still plenty of superb, and wallet-friendly, destinations out there. The bad news is that the savings aren't always evenly distributed, and cheap flights don't always mean a cheap vacation.
Travel search engine Skyscanner ran the numbers on some of the destinations at the other end of Australia's best-value flights, and discovered that sometimes a cheap flight might be taking you to an uncomfortably expensive vacation. For example, if you play your cards right you can (occasionally) fly from Australia to Singapore from under $200 return, only to discover that the average 3-star hotel room costs $266 a night.
Skyscanner has picked out the cost of each day abroad, including the average per-night cost of a 3-star hotel, three square meals, two train trips and a bottle of water.
- Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
- Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
- Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
- What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
- Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes