Infographic: How much will you actually spend on vacation?
Cheap flights are a good start. Follow them up with cheap everything else.
The thrill of scoring a great flight deal might wear off quickly if you happen to get off the plane in one of the world's most expensive cities.
The goods news is that there are still plenty of superb, and wallet-friendly, destinations out there. The bad news is that the savings aren't always evenly distributed, and cheap flights don't always mean a cheap vacation.
Travel search engine Skyscanner ran the numbers on some of the destinations at the other end of Australia's best-value flights, and discovered that sometimes a cheap flight might be taking you to an uncomfortably expensive vacation. For example, if you play your cards right you can (occasionally) fly from Australia to Singapore from under $200 return, only to discover that the average 3-star hotel room costs $266 a night.
Skyscanner has picked out the cost of each day abroad, including the average per-night cost of a 3-star hotel, three square meals, two train trips and a bottle of water.
- How to watch UFC 259 Adesanya vs Blachowicz live in Australia
- Ethereum price dips below $1,500 in midst of marketwide correction
- 6 ways to update your look for 2021 – on a budget
- The PrettyLittleThing x Becky G collection just dropped and my wallet is shaking.
- Collingwood vs Richmond AFL Community Series: Start time and how to watch
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes